This position reports to the Director of the Division of Professional Regulation and is responsible for assisting the Board of Nursing and the nursing community with following applicable sections of the Delaware Code and Division policies and procedures. The incumbent supports, oversees and coordinates activities related to licensure and discipline of the nursing profession and provides recommendations regarding management of licensure, including nursing curriculums and programs, scope of practice and discipline matters. The incumbent manages a team of administrative employees.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Serves as administrator for the Board of Nursing by preparing meeting agendas, maintaining records, and ensuring implementation of the Board of Nursing's directives.
- Recommends to the Division and the Board of Nursing changes in the Delaware Code or rules and regulations in response to changing requirements of the profession.
- Maintains and updates a licensing database that provides the public, employers, and licensees with vital licensure information. Conducts site evaluations for the approval of new or modified nursing degree programs.
- Recommends course approval to Board.
- Compiles and maintains records on the current status of each nursing education program in Delaware.
- Maintains the National Council Licensure Examination results of program graduates.
- Assists in the process for licensure by examination, endorsement, reinstatement and reactivation and issues temporary licenses to qualified applicants.
- Gathers required documentation and recommends licensure actions to the Board with regards to the qualifications of applicants, including those with a history of disciplinary actions.
- Provides administrative oversight of a team of staff providing administrative and licensing services to all Boards and Commissions assigned to the team.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Executive Director Board of Nursing Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Possession of a Masters degree or higher in Nursing or Nursing Education.
- Possession of a Delaware Registered Nurse license OR multi-state compact license.
- At least five years experience as a Registered Nurse in an administrative or teaching position
Please attach a resume with your online application or use the resume tab in DEL to provide a detailed description of how your education, training and/or experience meets each job requirement including employer, experience/responsibilities and dates (month/year) of employment/training.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at www.delawarestatejobs.com
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance. The State of Delaware – An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.