The Delaware Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control (DNREC) is searching for two (2) interns. These are paid positions and will exist for 6 to 12 months. DNREC is seeking candidates who demonstrate the desire to enhance agency goals and are eager to directly engage in continuous improvements, lean management, change management and strategic enterprise-wide initiatives. DNREC will provide professional process improvement and lean management experiences to college students (or recent graduates) with proven academic performance and a strong desire to learn and contribute. The interns will be part of the Office of the Secretary and will provide support to projects throughout the agency that promote a culture of continuous improvement.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Assisting DNREC process improvement projects with characterizing and documenting basic process and operating information.
- Assessing the effectiveness and efficiency of processes (including the use of continuous improvement, project management and change management practices.
- Develop recommendations for improving operations.
- Prepare project proposals, summaries and performance measurements.
- Assist instructors in continuous improvement methods, tools and techniques.
- Assist facilitators in process improvement events.
- Develop strategies and readiness assessments.
- Prepare and present project results and recommendations.
- Must be able to demonstrate responsibility, dependability and good communication skills.
- Maintain a positive attitude.
- Other duties as assigned.
Please attach a resume and a cover letter with your online application or use the resume tab in DEL to provide a detailed description of how your education, training and/or experience meets each job requirement including employer, experience/responsibilities and dates (month/year) of employment/training. Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas.
- Completion of 3 years or more in an accredited university in a process improvement-related or change management-related curriculum or a related discipline, such as: organizational development; organizational psychology; behavioral science; management science; human resources management; management systems; information technology; systems engineering; environmental engineering; natural resource management; economics; statistics; mathematics; organizational leadership; business analytics; operations or business management.
- Experience in making recommendations for continuation or changes to operations, programs, services, policies or procedures based on findings.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Acrobat Pro or Microsoft SharePoint.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement technologies and change management theory, technology and practices.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license (not suspended, revoked or cancelled, or disqualified from driving).
Conditions of Hire
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. DNREC does not provide sponsorship for holders of H-1 B Visas.
The application and resume are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the resume to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at www.delawarestatejobs.com
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance. The State of Delaware – An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.