This position serves as the Marketing Director for Delaware State Parks and is responsible for development and execution of a marketing plan/program to include campaigns and partnership development to brand and market State Park products and services. This would be accomplished through various platforms including but not limited to print, web, social media, trade shows and other electronic and interactive mediums. Duties will include overseeing the special events which may require availability on some weekends/holidays.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Identifies channels of promotion, distribution, or advertising of products or services.
- Conducts market research through studies or surveys to target specific groups, determines the effectiveness of marketing activities, recommends enhancements or refines marketing strategies.
- Analyzes data to identify customer needs and buying habits, potential customers, future marketing trends, or market expansion.
- Studies and collects data on economic, social, and political factors affecting markets.
- Maintains awareness of competitors and positioning of new products or services to be competitive.
- Writes, edits, and distributes marketing or advertising materials including publications, newsletters, pamphlets, brochures, and other promotional activities.
- Represents the agency in marketing or advertising activities such as meetings, press conferences, or other promotional events.
- Prepares a variety of reports.
- May manage contracts with service providers or vendors.
- May conduct training sessions related to marketing functions.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Marketing Specialist II
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Three years experience in creating and editing marketing or advertising materials such as publications, newsletters, pamphlets or brochures.
- Six months experience in marketing products or services by identifying channels of promotion, distribution, and advertising.
- Six months experience in interpreting laws, rules, regulations, standards, policies, and procedures.
- Six months experience in narrative report writing.
- Knowledge of conducting market research through studies and surveys to make recommendations.
- Knowledge of developing and implementing marketing strategies.
Conditions of Hire
As a condition of hire you must possess a valid driver's license (not suspended, revoked or cancelled, or disqualified from driving).
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. DNREC does not provide sponsorship for holders of H-1 B Visas.
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at www.delawarestatejobs.com.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance. The State of Delaware – An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.