Senior Real Property Specialist
|Date Opened||9/28/2017 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/12/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$43,097.60 - $68,411.20/year|
|Department||Real Estate & Facilities Services|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Graduation from an accredited four year degree granting college or university with a major in Real Estate, Business, Public Administration, Planning, Architecture, or Engineering; and Two years of experience in real estate appraisal, acquisition, disposition, real estate research and/or title review/analysis; and Possession of a valid Driver License.
Possession of a current (unexpired) Florida Real Estate License; and Three years of experience in land or property transactions, land appraisal evaluation, or title abstracting; and Possession of a valid Driver License.
Minimum equivalent qualifications are as follows:
Associate Degree-Paralegal Studies, Paralegal Studies Advanced Technical Certificate, or State of Florida Certified Paralegal Designation and Three years of government real estate and title analysis experience; and Possession of a valid Driver License.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
In this position there will be all of sitting and standing. Also, at times lifting up to 25lbs is required. Driving may be required for meetings and out of the office projects.
This is a fast-paced office environment where multi-tasking is essential. Requires limited travels.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
Ensure Accountability: Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
Action Oriented: Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
Manages Ambiguity: Operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Communicates effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Manages complexity: Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
Customer focus: Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Decision quality: Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
Building networks: Effectively building formal and informal relationships networks inside and outside the organization.
Resourcefulness: Securing and deploying resources effectively and efficiently.
Situational adaptability: Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Negotiates the acquisition and disposition of complex, high value, commercial and special purpose properties.
- Conducts assessments and title analysis related to land and other property acquisitions, rights of way, and easements.
- Conducts special studies, analyzes data, prepares reports, and provides recommendations based on data collected.
- Implements the terms of contracts, including developing and meeting critical dates.
- Negotiates and prepares estimates for commercial and special purpose properties.
- Coordinates, clears title, and manages closings for County real estate acquisitions and dispositions.
- Participates in Eminent Domain proceedings and condemnation suits.
- Prepares legal instruments for acquisition, disposition, and exchange transactions in collaboration with the County Attorney’s Office.
- Provides recommendations on terms and conditions upon which properties will be sold, acquired, and/or exchanged.
- Oversees the work and ensures quality control of work performed by Real Property Specialists including scheduling, assigning, and reviewing work and providing training.
- Performs other related duties as required.
This classification description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all inclusive list of the duties associated with a particular position. Management may require incumbents to perform job duties other than those contained in this document at any time.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from three health care plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 60 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to 12 paid holidays per year.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*