Accounting Clerk III (Solid Waste Scale House Clerk)
|Date Opened||10/11/2017 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/18/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$29,577.60 - $46,987.20/year|
|Job Type||Internal Only|
An Associate's degree with a major in Accounting or Finance; and
Two years of experience in bookkeeping or financial record keeping.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-specific competencies noted below.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
Sitting most of the day (10-hour shift). Some outdoors activity to perform site safety audits and maintenance on unattended scale.
Works 10-hour days (including Saturday), primarily indoors in a solid waste scale house. Garbage odors are prevalent from customer vehicles. May require travel to other Solid Waste scale house sites to provide coverage.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge of accounting principles, practices, procedures, methods, and theory.
- Knowledge of laws, rules, and policies governing assigned functional accounting area.
- Knowledge of computer operations using accounting and spreadsheet applications.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and apply job related rules, policies and procedures.
- Ability to prepare accounting, financial, and statistical reports.
- Ability to compile, analyze and/or audit accounting, budgetary, fiscal, payroll and leave data.
- Ability to use accounting software, word processing, spreadsheet, and related software applications.
- Ability to learn the Solid Waste Management System.
- Ability to enter data promptly and accurately.
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Compiles outbound customer transactions including entering information into software system, collecting necessary funds and issuing final transaction receipt.
- Assists customers with payment and transaction related questions or concerns, including directing them to other sites, as required.
- Prepare daily change order requests.
- Reconcile daily cash transactions with daily financial end of shift reports and totals; prepare daily site deposit journal entry template; prepare daily cash till audit sheet for next daily validation.
- Required to provide coverage at other Solid Waste sites throughout Hillsborough County.
- Position is essential which requires work when other County operations are closed.
- Maintains logs including safe entry, visitor, bank deposit ticket, and site deposit bag.
- Works 10-hour days, 4 days a week in one of three shifts (including Saturday work).
- Enters customer’s information into software system, collection required documentation and cash deposit, issue transaction receipt.
- Performs related work as required.
This classification description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all inclusive list of the duties associated with a particular position. Management may require incumbents to perform job duties other than those contained in this document at any time.
SPECIAL PROBATIONARY NOTE
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from three health care plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 60 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to 12 paid holidays per year.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*