|Date Opened||10/3/2017 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/17/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$24,876.80 - $39,499.20/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
Graduation from high school or possession of a GED Certificate; and
Two years of experience in receiving and issuing equipment or supplies.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-specific competencies noted below.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
This position will require sitting for extended periods of time, occasionally lifting of up to 20 pounds, including squatting to pick up items, and bending over. Position may be required to operate a vehicle to meet business needs.
Office setting, cubicle, indoors and occasional exposure to outdoor weather. Will travel between sites. This position will be 8 hour days 5 days a week. This position may be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays or when the County is closed. This position may be required to be available to assist in Emergency events such as Hurricanes, Tropical Storms, etc. Overtime may be required to meet operational needs.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Working knowledge of storekeeping methods and procedures.
- Working knowledge of County purchasing procedures.
- Skill in performing minor repairs to equipment or materials.
- Ability to conduct inventory of materials and supplies and keep related records.
- Ability to use a computer and related software.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to follow established procedures.
- Ability to follow both oral and written instructions.
- Ability to perform tasks such as maintenance of records and preparation of reports.
- Ability to plan, organize and supervise the work of others.
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Receives, stores, inventories and issues materials and supplies.
- Prepares requisitions for supplies and materials.
- Maintains an inventory of parts and equipment on hand.
- Records issuance of materials and supplies.
- Answers telephone and performs general clerical duties.
- Prepares work orders for equipment repairs.
- Maintains records and prepares related reports.
- Inspects all deliveries and ensures the return of defective or incorrect items.
- Inspects and disposes of depreciated and obsolete stock, according to County standards.
- Performs minor maintenance or repair of storeroom material.
- Oversees the work of lower level employees in the performance of the stock room day-to-day operations.
- Performs other related duties as required.
This classification description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all inclusive list of the duties associated with a particular position. Management may require incumbents to perform job duties other than those contained in this document at any time.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from three health care plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 60 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to 12 paid holidays per year.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*