Customer Service Representative
|Date Opened||2/2/2018 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/16/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$29,868.80 - $47,777.60/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
High School diploma or GED; and two years of experience as a customer service representative in a call center.
- Employees will be in an office environment in a sedentary position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below:
- Uses office equipment and software to receive and respond to customer requests and complaints, document needs and concerns, and refer customers to other parties.
- Establishes and updates customer records, makes account adjustments, and processes payments.
- Demonstrates exemplary customer service skills and etiquette while communicating with customers both verbally and in writing.
- Schedules services and/or dispatches service providers based on set parameters. Communicates with operational teams at designated times and when changes will affect work plans and/or customer needs or solutions.
- Operates systems and software to find, verify, and enter information, distribute information or correspondence, and to track/report time spent on various tasks.
- Reconciles/updates customer accounts, funding sources, and billing systems. ·
- Applies designated procedures, guidelines, tools, and resources to accomplish job duties.
- Coordinates with other departments, organization, or service providers based on customer needs and set guidelines.
- Follow up with customers at designated frequency, intervals or sets of circumstances to give updates, provide notification or guidance, and request information or feedback.
- Provides customer service support or related duties when required by the Office of Emergency Management.
- Investigates complaints, account discrepancies, and system issues.
- Reconciles/updates customer accounts, funding sources, and/or billing systems for advanced and emergency needs.
- May serve as team lead for other customer service representatives in the department/work unit.
- Resolves customer service challenges that don’t fit standard solutions.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Knowledge of standard call center operations and customer service best practices.
- Skill in the use of service-oriented phrases and techniques to achieve resolution.
- Skill in listening actively to discern customers’ needs.
- Ability to evaluate customer information to determine course of action.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to perform accurate computations and verifications of data.
- Ability to use computer and software to quickly and accurately enter data.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from three health care plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 60 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to 12 paid holidays per year.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*