Project Manager(Corporate Development)
|Date Opened||2/5/2018 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/19/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$47,112.00 - $75,857.60/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
Graduation from an accredited four year degree granting college or university with a major in economic development, economics, finance, accounting, business administration, public administration, management, marketing or a related field; and
Three years of program/project management experience directly related to the position duties.
Graduation from an accredited Master's degree granting college or university with a major in economic development, economics, finance, accounting, business administration, public administration, management, marketing or a related field; and One year of program/project management experience directly related to the position duties.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- This job is performed in a professional office environment using standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and fax machines.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on the nature of their assignments, individual employees may perform some or all of the duties described below.
- Monitors project performance and certifies compliance with economic development incentive and grant programs.
- Monitors budget expenditures ensuring adequate documentation and appropriateness of expenditures related to economic development incentive and grant programs; and coordinates and processes funds related to economic development incentive and grant programs.
- Collects and analyzes economic development program and grant statistics and metrics to prepare reports on results of economic development initiatives (including return on investment calculations and present value analysis)
- Processes applications and assess qualifications of applicants for economic development incentive and grant programs.
- Expedites and facilitates priority projects through the regulatory process to keep applicant projects on-time and on-track.
- Develops, evaluates, and updates policy and procedures for economic development incentive and grant programs.
- Represents the County in community efforts to attract and/or expand large corporate development projects yielding increases in quality jobs so as to improve employment opportunities for Hillsborough’s citizens.
- Executes site reviews of economic development incentive and grant programs.
- Crafts economic development incentive and grant programs’ Board documents.
- Furnishes information and synthesized analysis of data to other agencies and County departments.
- Other Duties as Assigned
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of project management.
- Knowledge of national, state, and local business practices, laws & regulations relating to economic development and commerce.
- Considerable knowledge of economics, public finance and demographic statistical techniques.
- Considerable knowledge of economic development functions, activities, initiatives utilized to support industry needs, practices, and state and local incentive programs.
- Proficiency in PC based office software (word processing, spreadsheets and databases, specifically MS Word, MS Excel and MS Access).
- Proficiency in creating, organizing and maintaining records such as those pertaining to incentive programs offered to business prospects and payouts resulting from such programs.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, including public speaking.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with others within and outside own organization.
- Ability to develop and implement new strategies for assisting companies.
- Ability to use initiative and exercise sound judgment to pursue and complete projects without close supervision.
- Ability to be a self-starter and problem solver.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from three health care plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 60 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to 12 paid holidays per year.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*