Recreation Leader I (Temporary Summer Only)
|Date Opened||1/23/2018 12:01:00 PM|
|Department||Recreation & Neighborhood Parks|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Enjoy working outdoors for a long period of time
- Explore their creativity
- Working with children of all ages
This position is up to 10 weeks of employment during the summer only starting on May 30th.
- Educational activities
- Outdoor activities
- Therapeutic activities
- Field Trips
Graduation from high school or possession of a GED certificate;
Possession of a First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification with Practical Application;
Six (6) months of experience in organized recreational programs;
Possession of a valid Driver License.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- This position is frequently very active and often requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Assist in the development and implementation of community activities and services.
- Provides customer service to the public; assists the public in planning activities and events; prepares facilities for group and recreation activities; assists in facility maintenance and room set up; prepares and maintains facility activity records.
- Assist in the planning and coordination of a variety of existing and new recreation programs, special events and activities.
- Records daily attendance and/or receipts.
- Performs basic participant safety inspections.
- Assists with cleaning and maintenance of facilities, grounds and equipment.
- Knowledge of general office policies, practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of planning and conducting recreational programs.
- Knowledge of proper English usage, vocabulary, spelling, punctuation and grammar; and occupational hazards and safety precautions required in the recreation field.
- Ability to answer questions and resolve problem situations or refer to appropriate office.
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to participate effectively in the formulation of departmental policies and procedures.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to plan, organize and oversee the work of others.
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task.
- Ability to use a computer and related software.
- Skill in the use of various office equipment.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the
Supplemental Questionnaire and
Application NOW using the Internet.
Clicking the link above will navigate you to the Employment Opportunities Page website for you to apply for this job.
|Upload Resume to Start an Application|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at CADHRJobInquiry@hillsboroughcounty.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.