Wellness Assistant - LPN
|Date Opened||2/2/2018 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/16/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$29,868.80 - $47,777.60/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
At least one year of experience with recreational, social, health, aging services, or wellness programs; and
Current CPR/Basic Life Support, AED, and First Aid Certification.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to handle and feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift or move up to 45 pounds and occasionally up to 60 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform some or all of the activities described below.
- Assists in planning, organizing, documenting, and implementing health/wellness programming/events for participants. Tracks attendance, participation, and feedback.
- Processes membership applications and registers participants for appropriate health/wellness programs.
- May conduct or assist with group and individual health and wellness seminars, workshops, and screenings.
- May assist with community outreach and seek out community partnerships to expand health and wellness program offerings.
- Maintains inventory, submits requests, and dispenses program supplies.
- May create and update documents and reports necessary for marketing, accountability, and evaluation of wellness programs.
- Enforces membership policies and procedures.
- Re-racks weights and maintains cleanliness of equipment and center.
- Performs quality control of workout equipment at the facility.
- Monitors participants and ensures safety of employees and equipment at the facility.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge in health and wellness education, CPR, First Aid, and AED.
- Knowledge in the use and maintenance of recreational, exercise, and fitness equipment.
- Knowledge of departmental policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of basic office practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of customer service practices and procedures.
- Skill in organizing and planning activities.
- Ability to assess health and wellness program needs and prepare corresponding programs.
- Ability to schedule, coordinate, and conduct health and wellness programs for participants.
- Ability communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to use a computer and related software.
- Ability to lift 45 pounds.
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, stretch, and reach.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Preference will ONLY be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation to support entitlement to preference MUST be provided at the time of application.
RESPONSE/RECOVERY ACTIVITIES: Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities.
CLERK OF THE CIRCUIT COURT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Clerk of the Circuit Court provides equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors.
Clerk of the Circuit Court welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.