|Date Opened||2/13/2018 12:01:00 PM|
|Salary||$51,833.60 - $83,428.80/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Demonstrated, active experience in the design or construction of water, wastewater, or reclaimed water collection, transmission, or treatments systems
Have experience managing small water and wastewater projects or water/wastewater system modeling.
- Excellent ability to review and interpret engineering design plans, construction plans, technical specifications, and preparation of bid packages.
- Excellent writing skills to develop engineering and technical reports.
- Be self-motivated and have the ability to complete assignments on time and within budget.
- Be customer service driven and possess excellent listening skills.
Four years of demonstrated, active engineering experience; and
Must meet all of the eligibility requirements to apply and sit for the NCEES PE exam or obtain license by endorsement.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- Frequently required to sit for long periods of time.
- May require standing for long periods of time.
- Requires close vision.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below:
- Develops engineering knowledge and skills in a specific area of planning, design, or construction management; evaluates, selects, and applies standard techniques, procedures, and criteria to perform a task or sequence of tasks for public infrastructure projects; collaboratively uses judgment to determine adaptations in methods for non-routine aspects of assignments; works on projects or portions of larger projects.
- Performs design tasks using current principles and practices of engineering; prepares project documents; develops specifications; performs computer modeling; conducts research and investigations.
- Performs construction observation to determine compliance with specifications and approved design plans.
- Receives instructions pertaining to specific project objectives; Addresses unconventional and complex problems, and proposes solutions.
- Assigns tasks and coordinates work of Engineering Technicians and Engineering Associates; assists in developing and analyzing project schedules and budget requirements.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Knowledge of the fundamental principles and practices of engineering.
- Knowledge of computer modeling and computer aided drafting and mapping software and applications.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of land surveying.
- Knowledge of field testing, sampling and investigative techniques and procedures.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Skill in science and mathematics.
- Skill in determining and interpreting scope, schedule and budget requirements.
- Skill in decision making and problem solving.
- Skill in the use of a computer and related software.
- Ability to develop and utilize computer applications for engineering modeling, design, drafting, and mapping.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment in writing technical reports and perform engineering calculations.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment in assigning and coordinating work assignments.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment in using field sampling equipment.
- Ability to follow and provide oral and written directions.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from three health care plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 60 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to 12 paid holidays per year.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the
Supplemental Questionnaire and
Application NOW using the Internet.
Clicking the link above will navigate you to the Employment Opportunities Page website for you to apply for this job.
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at CADHRJobInquiry@hillsboroughcounty.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.