|Date Opened||2/27/2018 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/23/2019 3:48:00 PM|
|Salary||$67,808.00 - $108,513.60/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Have a design or construction experience in water, wastewater, or reclaimed water collection, transmission and treatment systems.
- Have experience in managing small and mid-sized water, wastewater, or reclaimed water projects ($5 - $10 million)
- Have experience in preparing, reviewing and interpreting engineering design plans, construction plans, technical specifications, and bid packages.
- Have projects risk management, scheduling and budgeting experience.
- Be self-motivated and have a proven track record of completing project on time and within budget.
- Be customer service driven and possess excellent listening skills.
- Have participated in PMP training or obtained PMP certification.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- Work is performed in the office and construction sites.
- Requires frequent standing, sitting, walking, and stooping.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform some or all of the activities described below.
- Develops goals, objectives, strategies, policies, procedures and budgets for small to medium sized projects.
- Manages and is responsible for one or more phases of large public infrastructure or development projects.
- Manages the capital improvement program (CIP) projects, including development and procurement, and engineering and construction contracts.
- Independently reviews and approves development activities and conditions with engineers and developers.
- Signs and seals engineering documents.
- Serves as technical specialist in the application of advanced concepts, principles and methods in assigned area; remains informed of new techniques, technology, and requirements for the purposes of recommending changes in programs or applications; interprets, organizes, executes and coordinates assignments.
- Applies a thorough knowledge of current principles and practices of engineering as related to the variety of aspects affecting the County; applies expertise acquired through progressive experience to resolve crucial issues and unique conditions; remains informed of new methods and practices impacting the Department and County, and recommends new practices or changes in emphasis of projects.
- Interacts with clients, customers, officials, contractors, and others; leads project meetings and makes presentations; represents the County and maintains productive relationships with individuals and related organizations.
- Receives administrative supervision with assignments given in terms of broad general objectives and limits.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices for assigned functional area.
- Knowledge of large and complex construction project management methods and practices.
- Knowledge of computer modeling and computer-aided drafting and mapping software and applications.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws, regulations, and ordinances, and other professional sources of information pertaining to public infrastructure, building and zoning codes, environmental permitting, and real estate.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of land surveying.
- Knowledge of County’s comprehensive planning, capital improvement projects, and growth projections.
- Knowledge of field testing, sampling and investigative techniques and procedures.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from three health care plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 60 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to 12 paid holidays per year.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*