|Date Opened||3/30/2018 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/20/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$42,827.20 - $68,952.00/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Have experience using ESRI/ARCGIS software.
- Have knowledge of cadastral planning datasets.
- Skill in the use and operation of not only computers but peripheral equipment such as plotters and drafting instruments.
- Experience reading and interpreting aerial photographs, maps, deeds and legal descriptions.
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing.
Three years of experience in GIS hardware and software support.
An equivalent combination of relevant education (not less than a high school diploma/GED), training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-specific competencies noted above.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- Significant standing, walking, moving, climbing, carrying, bending, kneeling, crawling, reaching, handling, pushing, and pulling.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus in order to read computer screens and printouts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on the nature of their assignments, individual employees may perform some or all of the duties described below.
- Performs complex analysis of GIS data based on specified criteria and generates reports based on resulting data for use in projects, reports and decision making processes.
- Develops scripts and models to perform advanced analysis and streamline routine GIS tasks.
- Write programs and develop user interfaces, menus, and macro-level commands to meet high priority needs.
- Maintains GIS databases and designs schema; converts data from various sources for entry into databases; uses various computer languages to manipulate data and produce reports; enforces best practices for GIS incorporation of legacy data; develops user instructions; and establishes and maintains related procedures and symbol set libraries.
- Designs project maps and databases; analyzes reports; and makes recommendations based on final prints.
- Trains user staff and provides technical support in application of statistical and thematic mapping software.
- Creates complex maps to convey information to non-technical staff.
- Serves as liaison with other County departments and outside agencies for effective system applications.
- Recommend and establish standards and procedures to deal with production of high priority data, maps and services.
- Lead response for emergency or high priority mapping projects to produce quality products.
- May supervise lower level GIS staff and act as GIS Manager in event of absence.
- Knowledge of ESRI/ARCGIS software
- knowledge of cadastral planning datasets
- Knowledge of GIS computer database development and management.
- Knowledge of computerized cartographic/mapping hardware and software.
- Knowledge of computerized mapping symbols, standards and terminology.
- Knowledge of computer programming using different languages as applicable to GIS systems.
- Skill in the use and operation of computers and peripheral equipment such as digitizers, plotters and drafting instruments.
- Ability to collect, organize and analyze data and develop logical conclusions.
- Ability to read and interpret aerial photographs, maps, deeds and legal descriptions.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to use a computer and related software.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from three health care plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 60 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to 12 paid holidays per year.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*