Technical Support Specialist
|Date Opened||4/2/2018 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/23/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$42,827.20 - $68,952.00/year|
|Department||Information & Innovation Ofc|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Bilingual Spanish preferred
- Possession of an HDI (Help Desk Institute) - Customer Service Representative Certification (or similar certification)
- Possession of a CompTIA's A+ Computing hardware credential (or similar certification)
Two years of experience providing information technology call-center phone support as the single point of contact to clients in an enterprise-class distributed network and systems environment resolving diverse and complex issues related to data/voice communications networks, mobile computing, personal computing hardware, software, and peripheral devices; and
Possession of a valid Driver License.
An equivalent combination of education (not less than a high school diploma/GED), training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job specific competencies listed above; and
Possession of a valid Driver License.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- This position is primarily sedentary.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on the nature of their assignments, individual employees may perform some or all of the duties described below.
- Provides telephone and walk-up support for clients in an enterprise-level, distributed computing environment.
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex network/systems hardware and software issues related to data communications networks, client personal computing devices (including mobile devices), peripherals, and voice communications.
- Escalates problems to Level-2 support personnel or management as required.
- Installs, configures, and tests software applications on client personal computing devices (including mobile devices) using a high-level enterprise software distribution application/utility.
- Monitors and acts upon system alerts generated by enterprise network and system monitoring tools/utilities and vendors.
- Creates and maintains logs and technical records related to reported issues and incidents utilizing an enterprise-level software incident management and knowledge-based system, and follow-ups with clients to ensure timely resolution and customer satisfaction.
- Develops technical notices, tips, and other material for enterprise email distribution.
- Develops, reviews, and updates knowledge-based articles and software/hardware documentation for system and end-users.
- Identifies and reports on problem trends and assists in developing action plans and remedial/preventative solutions.
- Provides clients with technical education and guidance related to enterprise hardware, software, and telephony.
- Reviews technical literature and product specifications, and maintains knowledge of current developments and trends involving computer hardware and software technology.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Knowledge of industry standards and features of computing hardware, desktop operating systems, data network infrastructure and connectivity, end-user applications, standard office productivity software suites associated with personal computers, mobile devices, and peripheral devices.
- Knowledge of technical support center and industry best practices, service desk incident management and knowledge-based systems, hardware components, and agency standards for hardware and software.
- Knowledge of software application installation, operation, testing, and maintenance methods and techniques.
- Knowledge of standard business industry software, operating systems, and network operating systems, including Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office Suite, and other commonly used software.
- Ability to troubleshoot technical hardware and software issues related to personal computing devices, peripheral devices, office productivity software applications, end-user devices, and data/voice infrastructure and networking.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment while maintaining professionalism and superior customer service.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical users while utilizing conflict resolution techniques.
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and orally with end-users, vendors, management, and peers.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from three health care plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 60 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to 12 paid holidays per year.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*