Refrigeration Technician II
|Date Opened||4/27/2018 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/4/2018 09:08:00 AM|
|Salary||$35,152.00 - $54,496.00/year|
|Department||Building Maintenance & Construction|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
Four years of experience in the operation, maintenance, and repair of heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) equipment; and
Possession of a valid Driver License; and
Possession of an EPA 608 certification Chlorinated Fluorocarbons (CFC) Core, Type II, & III certification.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- This job requires employees to climb ladders, and work in high places.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to perform a variety of physical tasks, including working in confined spaces, on ladders, scaffolding, towers and lift buckets up to a considerable height.
- Must be able and be willing to be in an on-call status and respond to call outs, working non-standard duty hours and rotating shifts that include nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to operate a standard motor vehicle safely.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below:
- Installs, operates, maintains, and repairs heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) equipment, such as, central, wall and window air conditioning units; exhaust fans and blowers; walk in and chest type freezers; ice machines and water coolers.
- Troubleshoots systems to determine cause of malfunctions.
- Tests condenser water conditions and adjusts chemical feed as necessary.
- Monitors construction on new heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems to ensure compliance with project drawings and specifications.
- Keeps daily records and logs on operating conditions and repairs to mechanical equipment there the use of a Computerized Maintenance Management System.
- Prepares and schedules preventive maintenance programs.
- Requisitions material and equipment for mechanical and electrical maintenance.
- Maintains and tracks inventories valued between $2000 - $10,000.00
- Ability to document own work and work of others.
- Operates refrigeration gauge, volt/ohm meter, vacuum pump, recovery systems, welding equipment and other related tools and equipment.
- May assign, supervise and inspect the work of lower level workers.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Considerable knowledge of the operation of heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) equipment.
- Considerable knowledge of HVAC safety requirements.
- Considerable knowledge of the electrical aspects of HVAC equipment.
- Skills in using trade related and various hand and power tools.
- Skills in the application of supervisory techniques
- Ability to diagnose HVAC equipment using laptop and hand held devices
- Ability to prioritize work.
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical and electrical problems.
- Working knowledge of Building Automated Controls (BAC) in the operation, repair, and diagnosis of the systems
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to work of others.
- Ability to operate basic computer functions (email, digital time card, data entry, and others.).
- Ability to coordinate contracted work.
- Ability to follow oral and written instruction.
- Ability to follow established procedures.
- Ability to read and understand HVAC equipment drawings.
- Knowledge of Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from three health care plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 60 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to 12 paid holidays per year.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*