|Date Opened||5/1/2018 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/20/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$67,808.00 - $108,513.60/year|
|Department||Information & Innovation Ofc|
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a major an information technology or related engineering field.
Four years of experience troubleshooting and supporting of enterprise level hardware/software solutions for servers, storage systems, backup systems, personal computers, peripherals & end-user devices, and experience managing complex enterprise technology projects in accordance with established project management methodology. OR any equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-related competencies indicated as part of this position description.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Engineers solutions using established technology standards to develop multi-platform hardware/software solutions for enterprise network servers, storage systems, backup systems, personal computers, peripherals and end user devices.
- Provides Tier-2 and Tier-3 technical support for escalated complex issues in supporting multiple infrastructure platforms related to enterprise network servers, storage systems, backup systems, personal computers, peripherals and end user devices.
- Performs network server and computer builds installing multi-platform operating systems & applications and deploying through automation.
- Performs configuration, optimizing, monitoring, and system backups for enterprise network servers, storage systems, backup systems, personal computers, peripherals and end user devices.
- Performs project management duties on complex technology projects in accordance with established project management methodology. Act as team technical liaison for externally managed technology projects originating from the Enterprise Project Management Office as well as other Departments. Provide project management mentoring for Network Administrators.
- Performs remedial troubleshooting for hardware and software systems, preventative maintenance, patching and upgrades for enterprise network servers, storage systems, backup systems, personal computers, peripherals and end user devices.
- Performs data backup and restores of server applications, databases and user data files. Performs tape management duties.
- Develops, edits, and presents, technical designs, network diagrams, project plans and other technical reports.
- Perform user account management functions. Create, delete or transfer user and email accounts and manage access control based on enterprise policies and procedures.
- Performs as supervisor to subordinate technical personnel engaged in performance of installation, maintenance and support of hardware and software systems. Provides mentoring and training to peers and subordinates.
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of industry project methodologies and use of documentation platforms for project and technical documentation.
- Considerable knowledge of enterprise infrastructure engineering, design and architecture of multi-platform hardware/software solutions for enterprise network servers, storage systems, backup systems, personal computers, peripherals and end user devices.
- Considerable knowledge of industry standards, characteristics, features and troubleshooting methods associated with network server x86 platforms and virtual servers running Windows and Linux operating systems, server based applications, network storage systems and enterprise level backup systems.
- Considerable knowledge of industry standards, features and troubleshooting methods of computers, end user devices, desktop operating systems, end-user applications, and desktop management software associated with personal computers, peripheral, and end-user devices.
- Considerable ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple projects, tasks and time to meet delivery dates.
- Considerable ability to develop, edit, and present technical designs, network diagrams, project plans and other technical reports.
- Considerable ability to troubleshoot complex hardware/software technical issues associated with enterprise network servers, storage systems, backup systems, personal computers, peripherals and end user devices.
- Ability to work effectively with others and provide superior customer service to end-users.
- Work effectively with others and provide superior customer service to end-users.
- Project professionalism and be a role model to peers and subordinate positions.
- Communicate effectively both written and orally to end-users, vendors, management, and peers.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from three health care plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 60 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to 12 paid holidays per year.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*