Cyber Security Specialist (SCADA Security Specialist)
|Date Opened||6/7/2018 12:01:00 PM|
|Salary||$67,808.00 - $108,513.60/year|
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Cyber Security, Information or Computer Technology field such as MIS, CIS or other appropriate technical/engineering field would be acceptable with two years of additional work experience in a security role.
An Associate’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Cyber Security, Information or Computer Technology field such as MIS, CIS or other appropriate technical/engineering field would be acceptable with 4years of additional work experience in a security role.
Makes decisions and final recommendations which routinely affect the activities of others and our water, waste water and reclaim facilities. Position duties will include the responsibility for developing strategic SCADA security plans, standards and protocols to maintain the security and integrity within our facilities.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- Requires good hearing Requires good near or distant vision Requires distinguishing colors and/or depth perception to judge distances Frequently sitting at a desk or table Frequently intermittently sitting, standing, stooping Frequently standing or walking Occasionally lifting up 30 lbs.
- Frequently in a normal office situation Frequently in a high noise environment Frequently in a high dust, dirt, grease environment Periodically requires extensive safety training and/or protective devices Frequently exposed to moving machinery and/or vehicles Occasionally requires travel, excluding overnight stays Occasionally requires ladder climbing and work from elevated platforms. Frequently works on slippery or uneven surfaces Frequently exposed to chemicals, solvents Frequently exposed to weather including heat, cold, dampness and/or humidity
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for integrity and secure administration of all network firewalls.
- Research, evaluate, and recommend security technologies that can be applied to technology solutions being developed or maintained internally or externally.
- Provides recommendations on security architecture, new technology, and incident troubleshooting.
- Maintains and administers systems and data bases to include back-up, recovery, disaster recovery, and ensure integrity and availability. Performs backup on a regular scheduled basis: all historical data bases utilizing network file storage and tape backups and archiving in an organized categorized storage system.
- Incident handling and forensic analysis: Escalation point for incidents…provides technical leadership for complex security incidents. Prepares final remediation plans for complex issues requiring Executive Management engagement.
- Establishes and ensures implementation of security standards for hardware and software systems.
- Provides security direction to application and network engineering teams, contractors, and serves as a security liaison with regulatory agencies. Coordinates security recommendations to Project Manager regarding network solutions for facility upgrades or new construction.
- Through the use of topical research and industry software: Identifies security vulnerabilities and provides recommendations to the systems to minimize risk and maintain system integrity.
- Utilize network troubleshooting tools such as Splunk and Wireshark to trace potential vulnerabilities and security threats.
- Experience with SSL certificates and Public Key Infrastructure.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires highly technical thinking with a solid understanding of industrial control systems procedures and architecture. Able to analyze network security problems down to a specific device level and have a firm understanding of Cyber Security rules for automation and control. Understanding of rule application as it relates to servers, switches and firewalls and active directory access control lists.
- Highly Complex: Independent judgment is required to evaluate new approaches to problem solving, and assess changing facts or conditions. Analytic ability and thinking is required to devise new, non-standard approaches to highly intricate, technically complex problems. Makes decisions regarding security and is considered the subject matter expert in SCADA security.
- Requires regular contacts with internal persons such as Group & Section Managers, Plant Managers, Project Managers, IIO and any other persons of importance and influence. Requires establishing good working relationships with all internal and external customers.
- Requires strategic security planning in the overall needs of the PUD SCADA system County wide. Develops a plan that will address current and future security aspects of the system. Articulates a long term vision for maintaining security and system integrity while identifying potential threats, vulnerabilities and requirements
- May oversee and train lower level employees and manage multiple security threats at one time. Define specific, short-term and long-term projects including costs, resource commitment, schedules and dependencies. Develops and identify policies, procedures, organization, technologies and a controlled means of managing security changes within the Departments network.
- Will be the subject matter expert regarding SCADA security decisions, providing technical advisement and recommendations to management, project management and executive management. Guides engineers, contractors and other technical workers through various security vulnerabilities and provides recommendations needed to maintain the integrity of the network and manage infrastructure growth. Makes regular decisions for his team providing structured guidance to subordinate staff and other technical work groups that touch the network.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from three health care plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 60 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to 12 paid holidays per year.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the
Supplemental Questionnaire and
Application NOW using the Internet.
Clicking the link above will navigate you to the Employment Opportunities Page website for you to apply for this job.
|Upload Resume to Start an Application|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at CADHRJobInquiry@hillsboroughcounty.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.