Senior Enterprise Project Manager
|Date Opened||5/22/2018 10:10:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/22/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$67,808.00 - $108,513.60/year|
|Department||Enterprise Solutions & Quality Assurance|
Graduation from an accredited four year degree granting college or university with a major in Project Management, Computer Science, Business Management, Public Administration, Accounting or Engineering;
Or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-related competencies as noted Below.
Five years' experience managing functional/technological projects and 2- 5 years of working in a team environment, including communication plans. Must have project management experience in an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) environment. Proven analytical skills and the ability to distill and simplify complex concepts. Proven track record for implementing enterprise-wide systems and applications utilizing project Work Experience: management best practices and methodologies.
Preferred - Project Management Professional (PMP)
Preferred- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (!TIL) Certification - Practitioner Level or above
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
Constantly in normal office situations.
Position may involve extended periods of sitting, Occasionally requires travel, including standing or walking, as well in-town travel to office overnight stays. locations outside County Center on an as- needed-basis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares project plans and schedules to include coordinating requirements, tasks, work assignments, and resources to ensure project integrity.
- Oversees the formulation of project objectives and system development requirements.
- Coordinates/interacts with a staff of functional/technical personnel engaged in the performance of highly complex systems and/or development activities.
- Participates directly in in the development of strategic plans; develops related project plans and enterprise communication plans.
- Leads and/or provides functional/technical guidance and assistance to project teams to ensure the success of projects.
- Analyzes the impact of the information as it relates to structure, management techniques and user relationships.
- Follows established project management methodologies, utilizes necessary software resources and documentation to execute and control large-scale cross-functional project implementations.
- Develops plans in coordination with ESQA staff for testing and implementing systems, applications and modules; and monitors those processes to ensure desired results are achieved.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Complex: Problems are complicated, varied and seldom related to those seen before. Determining problem's "root cause" requires considerable individual effort as well as consultation with other functional/technical resources throughout the department and County in general. A high degree of analytical ability and inductive reasoning required to solve complex and intricate technology problems. Must have ability to develop new and nonstandard approaches.
- Moderately Complex: Ability to make effective analytic decisions, including situations with ambiguity and/or uncertainty; Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Significant communication skills - written and verbal;
- Exceptional active listening skills;
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization;
- Ability to produce clear, precise, well-designed communications in a variety of media, including print, electronic and visual formats
- Ability to assist with the development of strategic plans and the implementation of related projects/methodologies and communication plans/change management methodologies to ensure projects are appropriately scoped and managed; and solutions delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards, and meet customer expectations.
- Ability to assemble project plans and teamwork assignments, direct and monitor work efforts on a daily basis, identify resource needs, perform quality review; and escalate functional, quality, timeline issues appropriately.
- Must have line of business knowledge to include a thorough understanding of business processes for which the applications supported are utilized. Knowledge of project management approaches and tools;
- Expertise in software development lifecycle principles and methodologies;
- Experience working with ITIL processes. Must have the ability to work well with others, interact well with all levels of staff throughout the organizations and agencies utilizing the supported applications and technologies.
- Ability to influence others to move towards a common goal; Ability to coordinate the activities or tasks of people and/or groups;
- Experience establishing and working with senior leadership teams
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from three health care plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 60 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to 12 paid holidays per year.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*