Senior Functional Business Analyst
|Date Opened||5/16/2018 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||6/15/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$67,808.00 - $108,513.60/year|
|Department||Enterprise Solutions & Quality Assurance|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting, or computer related field or related field;
2 years of Oracle EBS experience preparing financial statements, reports, metrics, KPI’s Scoreboards and analysis.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-specific competencies noted below.
Applicants are required to be able to work legally in the United States without needing sponsorship.
Advanced SQL skills, with experience querying large data sets from multiple sources and developing automated reporting.
Experience developing or maintaining ETL solutions within a Data Warehouse environment.
Strong knowledge of Oracle E-Business Suite and underlying source data and process.
Strong understanding of ORACLE ERP end to end business processes across modules procurement-Purchasing-Payables-General Ledger-Fixed Assets; and BI (Business Intelligence reporting.
Strong Accounting and Analytical Background
Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
Limited physical effort; majority of time office working conditions (sitting), occasionally some out-of-office travel resulting in use of laptop, tablet or cell phone. May require some standing during events.
Majority of the time in office working conditions, will include travel within Hillsborough County and possibly to other peer Florida counties or municipalities where a successful strategy has been identified, meeting with internal staff as well as external potential partners, some early morning/late night hours required, lifting no more than ten pounds.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creates, maintains and supports complex custom fiscal reports and dashboards for Hillsborough County departments, managers and employees utilizing Oracle Business Intelligence.
- Leads teams responsible for collaboratively managing business processes and system utilization.
- Takes the lead in work groups developed to collaborate with support department Super Users and line department staff in fiscal process development and improvement; troubleshooting; training, dashboard and report development; and module management. Results directly impact staff and processes throughout County Administrator departments.
- Develops and maintains thorough understanding of Oracle EBS modules and business processes through independent research and collaboration/communication with all levels of staff from initiator to approver in order to provide direction and hands-on end-to-end analysis of complex issues.
- Develops system documentation, user manuals and standard operating procedures. Manages multiple concurrent projects.
- Responds to user ad-hoc requests for data, advising and assisting with options for providing requested information.
- Works collaboratively with department and program managers to understand issues, develop, discuss, document implement and manage solutions within the ERP environment.
- Develops and manages project scopes, timelines and action plans for major projects.
- Works in partnership with Management to discuss/share ideas, troubleshoot issues, develop solutions, documentation, training and action plans.
- Develops and maintains thorough understanding of Oracle EBS modules and business processes, as well as underlying data sources through independent research and collaboration/communication with all levels of staff.
- Maintains high level of understanding of Oracle Business and technologies through independent research, utilizing Oracle on-line educational tools, developing fiscal training, attending conferences and training, leading work groups and developing/maintaining professional relationships with Oracle ERP governmental user groups within the County, the State and Country.
- Works in partnership with the HR/Kronos/Tele staff functional Manager and the Technical Program manager to discuss/share ideas, troubleshoot issues and develop solutions documentation, training and action plans.
- Verifies and ensures quality standards and controls for functional area.
- Knowledge of: principals, practices and techniques of planning, formulating, analyzing, designing and implementing solutions utilizing lean six sigma methodologies.
- Accounting knowledge to develop financial and management reporting including service cost accounting.
- Knowledge of information technologies utilized to support procurement, Human Resources, Fiscal transactions and reporting and methodologies (Oracle EBS module functionality and integrations, and best practice change implementation and change management processes).
- Must possess a high skill set in the following areas: collaboration; communication; teamwork; analysis, and customer service.
- Must possess a high skill set with issue and problem troubleshooting, project and change management processes.
- Ability to plan and manage multiple activities and projects simultaneously.
- Ability to establish and meet critical deadlines in an ever-changing environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team having diverse responsibilities. Ability to investigate, familiarize and master new data sources and tables quickly.
- Ability to design, implement, monitor and modify programs and reports.
- Ability to prepare, review and analyze complex reports and studies.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from three health care plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 60 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to 12 paid holidays per year.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*