|Date Opened||6/11/2018 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||7/24/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$29,868.80 - $47,777.60/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
Graduation from High School or possession of a GED certificate; and
At least one year of experience with recreational, social, health, aging services, or wellness programs; and Current CPR/Basic Life Support, AED, and First Aid Certification. 5 years of staff supervisory experience in a social services or health care services setting and a minimum of 3 years of experience in providing services to persons who have dementia; and a LPN license
Have at least a Bachelor’s s degree in health care services, Social Services, or a related field, 1 year of staff supervisory experience in a social services or health care services setting, and a minimum of 1 year of experience in providing services to persons who have dementia; and a LPN license
Be a Registered or Practical Nurse licensed in this state, have 1 year of staff supervisory experience in a social services or health care services setting, and have a minimum of 1 year of experience in providing services to persons who have dementia;
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to handle and feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift or move up to 45 pounds and occasionally up to 60 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform some or all of the activities described below.
- Assists in planning, organizing, documenting, and implementing health/wellness programming/events for participants. Tracks attendance, participation, and feedback.
- Processes membership applications and registers participants for appropriate health/wellness programs.
- May conduct or assist with group and individual health and wellness seminars, workshops, and screenings.
- May assist with community outreach and seek out community partnerships to expand health and wellness program offerings.
- Maintains inventory, submits requests, and dispenses program supplies.
- May create and update documents and reports necessary for marketing, accountability, and evaluation of wellness programs.
- Enforces membership policies and procedures.
- Re-racks weights and maintains cleanliness of equipment and center.
- Performs quality control of workout equipment at the facility.
- Monitors participants and ensures safety of employees and equipment at the facility.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge in health and wellness education, CPR, First Aid, and AED.
- Knowledge in the use and maintenance of recreational, exercise, and fitness equipment.
- Knowledge of departmental policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of basic office practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of customer service practices and procedures.
- Skill in organizing and planning activities.
- Ability to assess health and wellness program needs and prepare corresponding programs.
- Ability to schedule, coordinate, and conduct health and wellness programs for participants.
- Ability communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to use a computer and related software.
- Ability to lift 45 pounds.
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, stretch, and reach.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from three health care plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 60 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to 12 paid holidays per year.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*