|Date Opened||6/13/2018 08:01:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/26/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$36,129.60 - $57,803.20/year|
|Department||Real Estate & Facilities Services|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
The ideal candidate will be responsible with assisting with the daily operations of the Facilities Services Work Control Section within the Real Estate and Facilities Services department. This department consists of Architectural Services, R3M (Repair and Preservation), Real Property, Operations and Management (O&M) and Custodial Services. This department encumbers nearly 6,000,000 square feet of structures.
Communication is vital in our work. With limited resources, accessing information, making informed decisions and providing status updates on requested maintenance work is extremely important, but is also very time consuming. We strive to effectively utilize technology (hardware and software) to provide managers, maintainers, and customers with timely access to information to meet their needs.
As the Administrative Specialist II this role involves understanding the business operations of the department as well a basic understanding of facility maintenance terminology and practices. Administrative Specialist will assist with facilitating department processes to ultimately provide better service to our customers.
Two years of administrative/secretarial experience.
An equivalent combination of education (not less than a high school diploma/GED), training, and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job specific competencies listed above.
- This job is performed in a professional office environment.
- This job is largely a sedentary role.
- This job may require an incumbent to lift boxes up to 30 pounds, open filing cabinets, and bend/stand as necessary.
Medium Work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Independently performs a wide variety of paraprofessional administrative, secretarial and confidential functions and duties.
- Process, review, and approve work order requests.
- Assists P-card coordinator with I-expense transactions.
- Review forms, documents, and other materials for accuracy and completeness.
- Operates data processing equipment.
- Performs computations and verifies figures.
- Maintains logs and records of equipment, inventory, costs, services performed, documents received, and charges to be assessed; may also maintain employee attendance and leave records.
- Interprets, recommends and implements improvements to administrative policies and internal workflow procedures.
- May provide supervision, guidance, training, and review the work of subordinate administrative/clerical and administrative/secretarial staff to ensure accuracy, completion, timeliness and corrective action, as needed.
This classification description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all inclusive list of the duties associated with a particular position. Management may require incumbents to perform job duties other than those contained in this document at any time.
- Knowledge of policies, procedures, and rules of the assigned department function or operation.
- Knowledge of processing administrative and secretarial procedures, such as word processing, files and records maintenance, transcription, and other related procedures.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language, including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar.
- Skill in the use of computers, computer related software or programs, local networks, databases and internet search engines.
- Skill in communication and effective writing.
- Ability to transcribe documents and information from different sources.
- Ability to handle restricted, sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to serve the public and represent the County with courtesy and professionalism.
- Ability to effectively lead or supervise lower-level administrative/clerical and administrative/secretarial staff.
SPECIAL PROBATIONARY NOTE
Specialty qualifications need to be more restrictive than the standard class description. You may change the type of major and experience but NOT the amount of education and experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of facility maintenance and the related terminology and practices.
- Knowledge and working understanding of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS).
- Ability to coordinate and communicate with internal and external customers.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a flexible business environment.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from three health care plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 60 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to 12 paid holidays per year.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*