|Date Opened||6/8/2018 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||6/22/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$30,368.00 - $47,070.40/year|
|Department||Real Estate & Facilities Services|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
Completion of the tenth grade; and
Two years of experience as a carpenter or cabinet maker; and
Possession of a valid Driver's License.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- Ability to work in confined spaces, on ladders, scaffolding, towers and lift buckets up to a considerable height.
- Ability to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below:
- Performs carpentry work in the remodeling, repair, and maintenance of buildings.
- Constructs, planes, drills, sands, assembles, glues and finishes tables, chairs, benches, cabinets, sashes, doors, bookcases, shelves, and molding trim.
- Hangs and finishes new sheetrock and repairs existing.
- Builds bookcases, chests, lockers, cabinets, concrete forms and shelves.
- Operates table saws, drill presses, planners, jointers, wood lathes, boring, sanding and mortising machines pneumatic nail/staple guns, molder, sharpens and grinds knives to match mold.
- Cleans, sharpens, and maintains hand and bench tools.
- Performs some masonry, roofing and sheet metal work; and repairs mechanical doors and locks.
- Selects appropriate wood and cuts to proper dimensions using standard hand or power tools.
- Maintains time, material, and related work records there the use of a Computerized Maintenance Management System.
- Drives a motor vehicle to and from work sites and loads and unloads supplies.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Knowledge of accepted carpentry techniques.
- Knowledge of general construction.
- Knowledge of safety requirements.
- Knowledge of the functions, services, procedures and regulations of the unit or department to which assigned.
- Skill in the use of hand and electrical tools and equipment used in building and construction.
- Knowledge of National building Code.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and drawings.
- Ability to prioritize work.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to perform a variety of physical tasks.
- Ability and willingness to respond to call outs, working non-standard duty hours and rotating shifts that include nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to operate basic computer functions (email, digital time card, data entry, and others.).
- Knowledge of Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
- Ability to operate a standard motor vehicle safely.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from three health care plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 60 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to 12 paid holidays per year.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the
Supplemental Questionnaire and
Application NOW using the Internet.
Clicking the link above will navigate you to the Employment Opportunities Page website for you to apply for this job.
|Upload Resume to Start an Application|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at CADHRJobInquiry@hillsboroughcounty.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.