Human Resources Specialist (Classification & Compensation)
|Date Opened||6/20/2018 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||7/5/2018 5:01:00 PM|
|Salary||$42,827.20 - $68,952.00/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
The ideal candidate will have:
- Knowledge of and experience in job analysis, job descriptions, classification and compensation studies, organizational structures design and departmental restructures.
- PHR or SHRM Certification or CCP
Three years of professional human resources experience, two of which are in compensation.
An equivalent combination of education (not less than a High School Diploma/GED), training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-related competencies noted below.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- Employee will be located in an office environment, regularly required to sit and talk.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below:
- Serves as a professional subject matter expert in a specific human resources functional area such as talent acquisition, performance management, employee relations, labor relations, learning and organizational development, leave and workers comp, classification and compensation, benefits, wellness, human resource information systems, data analytics and metrics.
- Provides professional consultation of their functional area, technical guidance and support to departments/agencies and other human resources functions.
- Ensures completion of daily work activities are accomplished within allotted time-frames.
- Assists departments in the interpretation of Federal and State laws, Hillsborough County policies and collective bargaining agreements and the application of procedures specific to their functional areas.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams in the design and implementation of major human resources programs.
- Conducts research and studies, and drafts/compiles oral and written reports of findings and recommendations.
- Reviews existing processes, participates in process improvement initiatives and implementation of innovated ideas.
- Conducts employee workshops and training sessions.
- Represents department/agency interests in committees or board meetings.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of the assigned human resources functional area.
- Knowledge of Federal, State, and local laws and regulations, and agency policies affecting the assigned human resources functional area.
- General knowledge of human resources practices and understanding of how one action may impact different functional areas.
- Skills in making presentations to small and large groups.
- Ability to conduct research, collect, interpret and analyze data to understand workforce trends and patterns and develop logical conclusions.
- Ability to evaluate the effectiveness of programs and work processes.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively with others.
- Ability to use a computer and related software.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from three health care plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 60 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to 12 paid holidays per year.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*