Solid Waste Construction Equipment Operator
|Date Opened||6/5/2018 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||7/3/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$28,932.80 - $44,824.00/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Three years of experience in the operation of medium and heavy construction equipment, including front-end loaders or excavators; and
Possession of a valid Commercial Driver License (CDL) Class A; Or attain a (CDL) Class A within the probationary period; and
Ability to pass DOT physical.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- Required to work in outside in all types of weather.
- Required to lift up to 50 lbs. and push/pull up to 100 pounds.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below:
- Operates large semi-tractor trailer or roll-off motorized vehicles for the transportation of bulk solid waste material in constricted loading/unloading locations, on unimproved roads, and on heavily traveled roads and highways in compliance with all DOT and County safety rules and regulations. Operation of large semi-tractor trailer or roll-off motorized vehicles constitutes at least 75% of daily job duties.
- Operates hydraulic, pneumatic, and mechanical auxiliary equipment related to assigned tractors and trailers.
- Checks and ensures that equipment is serviced and in good working condition; makes minor repairs and adjustments to equipment, and ensures that periodic maintenance and major repairs are performed.
- Performs daily safety inspections and observes proper safety practices and regulations when operating or working around equipment.
- Operates other heavy equipment such as front-end loaders, excavators, and skid steers to perform a variety of solid waste operational functions, as needed.
- May supervise subordinate operators, trades helpers, or laborers or act as a lead driver.
- Uses manual tools to pick up litter at the facility and ensure proper disposal.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Working Knowledge of the operation of semi-tractor trailer transport and other motorized equipment.
- Working Knowledge of traffic laws and regulations applicable to the operation of motorized construction, maintenance, and transport equipment on public streets and highways.
- Working knowledge of safety equipment, standards and regulations.
- Skill in the operation of a semi-tractor trailer transport and other motorized equipment.
- Ability to service and make minor repairs and adjustments to equipment.
- Ability to plan, organize and supervise the work of others.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally.
- Ability to demonstrate good customer service skills.
- Ability to read and understand work related material.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to pass DOT physical on an annual basis.
SPECIAL PROBATIONARY NOTE
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from three health care plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 60 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to 12 paid holidays per year.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*