Solid Waste Transfer Equipment Operator
|Date Opened||6/21/2018 12:01:00 PM|
|Salary||$31,886.40 - $49,420.80/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Three years of experience in the operation of a semi-tractor trailer transport; and
Possession of a valid Commercial Driver License (CDL), Class A; and
Ability to pass DOT physical.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- Required to work in outside in all types of weather.
- Required to lift up to 50 lbs. and push/pull up to 100 pounds.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below:
- Operates large semi-tractor trailer or roll-off motorized vehicles for the transportation of bulk solid waste material in constricted loading/unloading locations, on unimproved roads, and on heavily traveled roads and highways in compliance with all DOT and County safety rules and regulations. Operation of large semi-tractor trailer or roll-off motorized vehicles constitutes at least 75% of daily job duties.
- Operates hydraulic, pneumatic, and mechanical auxiliary equipment related to assigned tractors and trailers.
- Checks and ensures that equipment is serviced and in good working condition; makes minor repairs and adjustments to equipment, and ensures that periodic maintenance and major repairs are performed.
- Performs daily safety inspections and observes proper safety practices and regulations when operating or working around equipment.
- Operates other heavy equipment such as front-end loaders, excavators, and skid steers to perform a variety of solid waste operational functions, as needed.
- May supervise subordinate operators, trades helpers, or laborers or act as a lead driver.
- Uses manual tools to pick up litter at the facility and ensure proper disposal.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Knowledge of the operation of semi-tractor trailer transport and other motorized equipment.
- Knowledge of traffic laws and regulations applicable to the operation of motorized construction, maintenance, and transport equipment on public streets and highways.
- Knowledge of safety equipment, standards and regulations.
- Skill in the operation of a semi-tractor trailer transport and other motorized equipment.
- Ability to service and make minor repairs and adjustments to equipment.
- Ability to plan, organize and supervise the work of others.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally.
- Ability to demonstrate good customer service skills.
- Ability to read and understand work related material.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to pass DOT physical on an annual basis.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the
Supplemental Questionnaire and
Application NOW using the Internet.
Clicking the link above will navigate you to the Employment Opportunities Page website for you to apply for this job.
|Upload Resume to Start an Application|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at CADHRJobInquiry@hillsboroughcounty.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.