Human Resources Support Technician (Data Team)(Max 50 Applicants)
|Date Opened||7/12/2018 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||7/13/2018 6:33:00 PM|
|Salary||$36,129.60 - $57,803.20/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Two to Five years experience working with HRIS technology systems
- Experience developing DocuSign, Mail Chip, Survey Monkey, & Image Now
High school diploma or equivalent; and
Two years of office/clerical support experience preferably in a Human Resource department.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform some or all of the activities described below:
- Reviews, approves, and submits a variety of correspondence, notifications, forms, meeting minutes, and related documents in order to communicate information to staff and employees.
- Audits, establishes, and maintains human resources files and associated records and systems in order to provide documentation of activities and comply with Department/Agency records management operating policies and procedures.
- Provides a wide range of human resources support activities such as informing others concerning the correct policies, procedures, guidelines, forms, formats and information to be provided to accomplish human resources related activities.
- Oversees and assists submitting agencies/departments with changes.
- Processes complex transactions related to assigned human resource functional area.
- Responds to questions concerning human resources programs, interprets basic policies and procedures, and provides information for the resolution of problems.
- Compiles and analyzes routine human resources data such as personnel actions, reports, charts, and spreadsheets to facilitate administrative decision making.
- Performs HRIS data entry and personnel file maintenance.
- Assists employees and supervisors with basic interpretation of HR policies and procedures.
- Responds to subpoenas, public records requests, reference checks and verifications of employment status.
- Assists the manager and senior professional staff with HR projects.
Provides technology support to internal employees within HR programs included but are not limited to: DocuSign, Mail Chimp, Survey Monkey, Image Now, etc.
- Working knowledge of general office policies, procedures and practices.
- Working knowledge of the principles, practices and procedures of administration, including human resources law, rules, policies and procedures.
- Ability for appropriately following up and completing assignments and tasks, while paying close attention to details and set processes.
- Ability to manage time and resources in a fast-paced environment to appropriately prioritize and complete identified tasks, goals and objectives.
- Ability to identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- A good command of both written and oral communication with ability to interact with various levels of management and the public courteously and tactfully Ability to verify data, analyze information, run reports and perform accurate computations including basic mathematical calculations
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with confidence.
- Ability to be adaptable to changing situations and environments, with the capability to take instruction from multiple, senior-level staff members
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and handle confidential records/data and information Ability to work in a team environment.
- Proficient computer skills in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and various background screening and software applications, databases and technologies.
- Ability to work within multiple software and HRIS systems as tech support and/or administrator.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from three health care plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to 12 paid holidays per year.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*