Manager Consulting Outreach (50 applicants maximum)
|Date Opened||10/1/2018 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/14/2018 1:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$48,276.80 - $77,230.40/year|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Master's Degree a plus
- Direct small business consulting a plus
- Previous business ownership
Bachelor's Degree preferred but not required in economic development, education, economics, business administration, planning, engineering, public administration, research or a related field that provides knowledge necessary for small business development services.
3 years to 5 years in Economic Development, Planning, Small Business Development, Engineering, Real Estate or a related field.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Moderate complexity entailed with work program: Work is broad in scope covering one of more technical business areas. Policy and procedure are implemented by this position. A high degree of analytic ability and inductive thinking is required for the position. Problems are sometimes complex, varied and frequently involve research. Very frequently requires strong reasoning skills and individual effort. A high degree of analytical ability and inductive thinking is required to solve technically complex problems. Must be able to adapt to new approaches and innovative research technics.
- Requires that data assessments and research programs be well conceived and properly executed. Day to day self-initiative required to move work program forward with appropriate supervisory guidance.
- Requires developing and maintaining ongoing relationships with internal and external clients. This calls for strong interpersonal skills and involves regular communication of program and/or project status. Detailed explanation and interpretation of policies, rules and procedures also may sometimes be required. Will also require occasional contact with external stakeholders which would require tact and discretion.
- Four to twelve months; Plan events that will occur during the year.
- Responsible for coordinating multiple functions while attending to additional duties and responsibilities as required by the Manager, Entrepreneurial Services
- Makes decisions and final recommendations that routinely affect the activities of others.
- Manage the delivery of consulting services to customers throughout the County
- Analyze small business information provided by clients to determine areas of improvement and connections to appropriate resources
- Develop independently custom information analysis and research needed by customers
- Manage proper locations and logistics for workshops and events
- Develop recommendations to promote consulting services and expand customer base
- Make recommendations on programs and policies based on analysis of customer needs and learning styles
- Establish and maintain a collaborative working relationship with other agencies and organizations; and represent the department in meetings, presentations, conferences and seminars with other agencies, private firms and Individuals
- Prepare plans and reports relative to assigned area of work
- Provide information and assistance to county staff, business organizations, businesses and citizens
- Other duties as assigned
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from three health care plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to 12 paid holidays per year.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*