|Date Opened||8/3/2018 12:01:00 PM|
|Salary||$35,152.00 - $54,496.00/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Graduation from high school or possession of a GED Certificate;
Three (3) years of experience in drafting and computer-aided design.
Or an equivalent combination of education,training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-specific competencies noted below.
Possession of a valid Driver's License.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of the customers and provide the highest standards of service.
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve.
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations.
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals.
- Medium Work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Work is generally performed in an office environment.
- The employee is regularly required to sit and frequently is required to walk.
- Frequently required reach with hands and arms and is occasionally required to stand.
- The employee must frequently lift or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move objects up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below:
- Participates in the preparation of computer aided surveying and engineering designs, maps, structures, and equipment.
- Utilizes computer aided drafting or manual drawings to prepare complex survey maps and engineering designs, special structures, and equipment.
- Prepares plan and profile drawings from survey notes and engineering data.
- Schedules, assigns, and monitors the preparation of working drawings for such projects as water lines, streets construction, sewer or drainage projects, and right-of-way and easement acquisitions.
- Reviews construction plans for compliance with codes and regulations; checks the accuracy of legal descriptions of property; conducts deed and abstract record investigations; prepares maps and sketches from legal descriptions;
- Edits AutoCAD system files to automate drafting routines; prepares/reviews technical drawings or sketches; interprets and transfers survey notes into AutoCAD format to facilitate calculations; creates and customizes boundary maps using digitizing pad or computer utility programs; uses AutoCAD to prepare 3-dimensional models and computer slide show for special projects.
- May accompany survey crew in field to locate grading markers or to collect data required for revision of construction drawings.
- Checks drawings for neatness, clarity, and accurate portrayal of the design.
- Prepares drawings of an unusual and extensive nature.
- Provides instruction and training on drafting techniques and records keeping procedures. Participates in meetings to discuss projects and construction plans.
- Provides technical guidance and assistance to subordinates in resolving problems.
- Collects and interprets survey and engineering data; establishes and maintains filing and records keeping systems.
- Applies standard formulas to calculate area, volume, distance, grade, triangulation, evaluations, etc.
- Performs mathematical calculations to prepare reports, complete work projects; acts as team leader on a project basis.
- Performs related work as required.
- Knowledge of symbols, terminology, and accepted standards used in preparing engineering drawings; equipment, facilities, and systems of the particular field of engineering assigned; basic drafting techniques including standardized drawing techniques.
- Knowledge of charting and graphing procedures and practices; advanced civil drafting techniques; computer assisted drafting systems;
- Knowledge of legal terminology used in property descriptions.
- Ability to prepare unusual nonstandard drawings; read and interpret construction plans, surveying, and engineering data;
- Ability to prepare project cost and time estimates.
- Ability to prepare drawings that are neat, accurate, appropriately dimensioned, and logically arranged utilizing the methods and techniques of survey and engineering drafting.
- Ability to print neatly and legibly in accordance with good survey and engineering lettering practices.
- Ability to prepare drawings from survey notes, plats, and legal descriptions; prepare as-built drawings and blueprints; adjust/transpose drawings to scale; verify accuracy of data against source documents; understand and follow oral and written instructions/standardized procedures.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering plans and specifications.
- Ability to perform complex mathematical calculations.
- Ability to work effectively in a group setting; establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to provide guidance, direct the work of others; identify training and development needs of subordinates.
- Skill in the use and care of drafting tools, material, and equipment; computer aided design equipment.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from three health care plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to 12 paid holidays per year.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the
Supplemental Questionnaire and
Application NOW using the Internet.
Clicking the link above will navigate you to the Employment Opportunities Page website for you to apply for this job.
|Upload Resume to Start an Application|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at CADHRJobInquiry@hillsboroughcounty.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.