|Date Opened||9/6/2018 09:01:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||9/22/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$75,961.60 - $121,534.40/year|
|Department||Information & Innovation Ofc|
The Solutions Architect is responsible for systems and application planning, designing, provisioning and configuration to meet business needs and requests. Solutions Architects interface with multiple stakeholders in the organization in order to understand the various levels of requirements, the domain, the viable technologies, and anticipated development. Their work includes determining multiple design alternatives, assessing such alternatives based on all identified constraints, and selecting the most suitable options for further design or development. The Solutions Architect coordinates efforts with subordinate Software Engineers or Developers, and assigns and/ or reviews work as is necessary to achieve the Division's goals in customer service and support.
The Solutions Architect will:
- Possess extensive software development experience and thorough knowledge of a variety of programming languages and logic
- Understand the long-term business objectives and suggest technical strategies to meet those objectives by introducing innovation through technology
- Design system strategies for platform, applications and networks
- Define and create architectural depictions and documents
- Create and convey to team members the architectural vision for a program or project
- Dictate design choices to software developers including platforms, coding and technical levels.
- Establish and enforce standards and practices
- Lead in the analysis and decision making regarding tools and technologies used in our software application development
- Define and refine software development practices, standards and quality approaches
- Utilize team education, development and code reviews to ensure compliance to the standards and practices defined
- Create proof of concept models
- Write and audit code
- Transform detailed requirements into a complete, detailed systems design document
- Provide inputs to create agile user stories based on business requirements
- Provide technical advisory services on implementations with multiple integrations and software platforms
- Mentor and motivate development resources
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a major an information technology or related engineering field.
- 10 years of IT or business/industry work experience, with at least 5 years of leadership experience in managing multiple, large, cross-function teams and projects
- Minimum 8 years of working experience in data integration, Business Intelligence, and at least 5 years of sophisticated analytics experience.
- Any combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-related competencies noted above.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interfacing with enterprise stakeholders to understand the various levels of requirements, the domain, the viable technologies, and anticipated development required to fulfill any particular solution.
- Determine multiple design alternatives, assessing such alternatives based on all identified constraints, and selecting the most suitable options for further design, based on available technology platforms, staff skills and availability, workload and priorities.
- Manage the prioritization, direction, and progress of work assigned to direct reports.
- Review, Coach and/or Mentor staff in the group on best practices where necessary. Ensuring an excellent level of quality assurance and user experience, to the best of our abilities.
- Stay abreast of new technological opportunities to better help provide the best value-added solutions to the enterprise.
- Other duties as assigned
- Extensive knowledge of computer systems, operating systems, system security measures, database management and web platforms. Background in both hardware and software.
- Program management and mentoring experience.
- Excellent ability to communicate technical information to lay persons, especially in management.
- Application workflow design (problem solving, logic, etc); Broad conceptual knowledge of information technologies and methodologies.
- User Interface design and User Experience.
- Database modeling, and an expert command of database objects and programming.
- Application, server software and cloud software or platform solutions expertise.
- Excellent leadership maturity in managing complex organizational challenges.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from three health care plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to 12 paid holidays per year.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*