Senior Functional Business Analyst
|Date Opened||8/13/2018 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/29/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$67,808.00 - $108,513.60/year|
|Department||Enterprise Solutions & Quality Assurance|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting, or computer related field or related field;
2 years of Oracle EBS or comparable system experience as well as financial data analysis and reporting.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-specific competencies noted below.
Applicants are required to be able to work legally in the United States without needing sponsorship.
- Strong Accounting and Analytical Background
- Strong understanding of ORACLE ERP end to end business processes across modules Procurement-Purchasing-Payables-General Ledger-Projects -Fixed Assets; and BI (Business Intelligence reporting).
- Ability to translate accounting knowledge to Oracle ledger and sub-ledger configuration.
- Strong knowledge of Oracle E-Business Suite and underlying source data and process.
- Understanding of and ability to modify Oracle EBS workflows. Advanced SQL, with experience querying large data sets from multiple sources and developing automated reporting.
- Understanding of and ability to modify Hyperion
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads teams responsible for collaboratively managing business processes and system utilization.
- Leads and / or functions as subject matter expert for projects or work groups tasked with developing fiscal processes and improvements directly impacting the departments reporting under the County Administrator. May include:
Cost of Services
Capital Improvement Program
County Administrative Directives
- Provides troubleshooting, solutioning and training to County staff.
- Develops and maintains thorough understanding of Oracle EBS modules and business processes as well as underlying data sources through independent research and utilizing Oracle on-line educational tools.
- Communicates and collaborates with all levels of staff providing direction and hands-on end-to-end analysis of complex issues.
- Uses Accounting and Oracle EBS acumen to analyze and reconfigure system accounting rules and functionality creating efficiencies and in support of best practices.
- Collaborates with departments on development of key metrics and associated reports and dashboards.
- Assists the Division Manager with fiscal year end and audit matters.
- Provides support of Oracle EBS workflows.
- Develops system documentation, user manuals and standard operating procedures.
- Manages multiple concurrent projects.
- Responds to user ad-hoc requests for data, advising and assisting with options for providing requested information.
- Develops and manages project scopes, timelines and action plans for major projects.
- Attends conferences and training, leading work groups and developing/maintaining professional relationships with Oracle ERP governmental user groups within the County, the State and Country.
- Works in partnership with all Enterprise Solutions and Quality Assurance management and support to discuss/share ideas, troubleshoot issues and develop solutions documentation, training and action plans.
- Verifies and ensures quality standards and controls for functional area.
- Ability to prepare, review and analyze complex reports and studies.
- Accounting knowledge to provide fiscal, audit and grant support.
- Knowledge of Oracle EBS and ancillary technologies utilized to support Fiscal, Procurement and Human Resources transactions, reporting and methodologies
- Knowledge of: principals, practices and techniques of planning, formulating, analyzing, designing and implementing solutions utilizing lean six sigma methodologies.
- Must possess a high skill set in the following areas: collaboration; communication; teamwork; analysis, and customer service.
- Must possess a high skill set with issue and problem troubleshooting, project and change management processes.
- Ability to plan and manage multiple activities and projects simultaneously.
- Ability to establish and meet critical deadlines in an ever-changing environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team having diverse responsibilities
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from three health care plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to 12 paid holidays per year.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*