Citizen Service Call Center Section Manager
|Date Opened||10/24/2018 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/9/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$65,291.20 - $104,457.60/year|
|Department||Customer Service & Support|
Bachelor's Degree or Associate's Degree preferred in communication/customer service, public administration or related field or any combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-specific competencies required.
Ten years professional level related work experience, with seven years in call center management for an organization and managing a minimum of 2,000 calls per week.
NOTE: Education and experience requirements may be substituted for each other.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
Critical Thinking- Ability to apply logical reasoning to problems to identify and expedite solutions.
Decision Making -Ability to effectively gather accurate information in order to draw reasonable conclusions to solve intricate, sensitive or technically complex problems.
Communication-Utilize active listening skills. Ability to exercise sound judgment and provide clear direction.
Strategic Planning- Coordinates with department management and external parties to accomplish assigned objectives.
Leadership- Ability identify and analyze complex problems that involves collaboration with other departments or higher level decision makers.
Managerial/ Operational Skills- Responsible for coordinating and overseeing day-to-day operations and personnel while at the time successfully resolving problems and attending to additional duties as required. Adept at internal change management. Supervises teams through supervisory staff.
Analytical Ability -Ability to collect, organize and evaluate data to prepare and present reports and to develop logical conclusions.
Frequently in normal office situation. Occasionally requires travel that may include overnight stays. Occasionally requires field work. Occasionally requires local travel to meet with outside contacts.
Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg control requires exertion of forces greater than that of sedentary work and if the worker sits most of the time, the job is considered light work.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Analytical - Ability to create and coordinate strategies and policies that assist in being the standardize County-wide management of citizen requests for general information and services.
Manages and coordinates the activities of call center professionals that provide inbound telephone and electronic customer related services.
Develops and implements internal procedures and processing systems to ensure the successful routing of all inbound telephone and electronic customer requests.
Coordinates with departments' team leaders, supervisors, third parties and others to collect the information to resolve issues.
Identifies emerging issues by location/type and alerts County Administration/Departments/Agencies for any needed oversight. Prepares reports and identifies trends of citizen calls utilizing recording statistics, performance levels, user rates and user satisfaction of the call center.
Handles the most complicated citizen inquires or complaints with the best possible outcomes for the citizen and the County.
Monitors random inbound telephone and electronic communications to improve quality, minimize errors and track employee performance. Establishes and meets performance goals and targets for speed, services, efficiency and quality.
Maintains current knowledge of industry trends and developments, best practices and tools and translates it to improve efficiency and productivity. And other duties as assigned.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from three health care plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to 12 paid holidays per year.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*