Maintenance Repair Supervisor
|Date Opened||9/28/2018 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/12/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$35,838.40 - $56,888.00/year|
|Department||Real Estate & Facilities Services|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
An Associate's degree in Construction Technology or an Engineering Technology; AND
Seven years of work experience in construction, maintenance, or the skilled trades, two of which must have been in a supervisory capacity.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job specific competencies listed above.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- This position will require an employee to be able to bend, reach, stoop, stand, and or walk for extended periods of time under varying conditions including sub-tropical climate, and in confined spaces, on ladders, scaffolding, towers and lift buckets up to a considerable height.
- Employee must be able to carry up to 100 lbs.
- This position requires climbing ladders up to 12 feet, and using a lift up to 60 feet.
- May be required to work non-standard duty hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, and to be on on-call status and respond to call outs, working and rotating shifts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below:
- Supervises and participates in the activities of skilled trades and maintenance personnel engaged in the construction, repair and maintenance of buildings, grounds, or roadways, and related systems and equipment.
- Develops, analyzes and updates maintenance policies and procedures to ensure an efficient, effective and safe work environment.
- Monitors, prioritizes, participates in, and inspects work activities to ensure compliance with plans, specifications, codes, standards, regulations, operating instructions and safety standards and to ensure operational efficiency and a safe working environment.
- Plans job layouts, estimates materials, determines equipment and tools, and makes drawings or sketches necessary for maintenance personnel to properly perform work assignments.
- Make accurate cost estimates and complete supply requisitions.
- Exercise reasonable initiative and independent judgment in determining maintenance requirements and ensuring timely completion of work projects.
- Determines, schedules and oversees preventive maintenance activities to increase operational effectiveness and extend the lifecycle of assets.
- Requisitions equipment, tools and materials in a timely manner to ensure maintenance and construction schedules are met.
- Assists in developing contract specifications and overseeing the performance of contracts in assigned area to ensure construction and maintenance requirements are satisfied and services are completed in accordance with specifications.
- Answers questions and provides information related to work assignments including resolving problems, handling complaints and providing technical expertise in area of assignment.
- Prepares and maintains manual and computerized reports, records and logs related to the work performed, and materials, equipment and supplies used to provide an audit trail of activities.
- Supervises the maintenance and tracks inventories valued up to $10,000.00
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Considerable knowledge of the rules, regulations and operational requirements of the organization to which assigned.
- Considerable knowledge of accepted methods, practices and procedures used in the construction, repair and maintenance of buildings, grounds, or roadways and related systems and equipment.
- Considerable knowledge of equipment, tools and materials used in the construction, repair and maintenance of buildings, and related systems and equipment.
- Knowledge of safety practices and principles related to the construction, repair and maintenance of buildings, grounds, or roadways and related systems and equipment.
- Working knowledge of record keeping requirements.
- Working knowledge of laws, ordinances, rules, regulations and standard operating procedures related to the construction, repair and maintenance of buildings and related systems and equipment.
- Working knowledge of the organization’s procurement system.
- Skill in overseeing and performing routine repairs, maintenance or construction of buildings and related systems and equipment.
- Skill in the use of tools and equipment used in the construction and maintenance of buildings and related systems and equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to accurately assess maintenance and repair needs and make adjustments to maintenance crews and/or schedules as required.
- Ability to collect, organize and evaluate data and develop logical conclusions.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to use a computer and related software.
- Ability to read and interpret construction plans, specifications, blueprints, diagrams and drawings.
- Ability to plan, organize and oversee the work of others.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from three health care plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to 12 paid holidays per year.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*