Paratransit Minibus Operator (Senior)
|Date Opened||10/5/2018 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/19/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$26,457.60 - $39,686.40/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
One year of work experience operating a mini-bus or van transporting passengers in a paratransit environment that includes some practical experience scheduling, dispatching, or performing team leader duties; and
Possession of a valid Driver License.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- Regularly required to sit; use of hands and fingers, handle or feet reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Requires ability to lift, push, pull, assist and secure wheelchair passengers and minimum 50 lbs.
- Ability and willingness to perform physically demanding work outdoors in a sub-tropical climate under adverse weather conditions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Monitors field operations and assists Supervisors, Schedulers, and Dispatchers in modifying routes and schedules.
- Coordinates with Paratransit Minibus Operators, Supervisors, customers, and local agencies to ensure customers and agencies are receiving requested services.
- Performs duties as a Paratransit Minibus Operator, Scheduler, and Dispatcher as required.
- Provides assistance and support to Paratransit Minibus Operators in dealing with vehicle, trip, and customer issues.
- Monitors the daily work of Paratransit Minibus Operators to provide input to assist supervisors in completing Minibus Operator performance evaluations.
- Responds to service related accidents and incidents, interviews drivers and passengers, and compiles information to assist Supervisors in completing accident reports during internal investigations.
- Researches, compiles, and evaluates information to respond to complaints involving Paratransit Minibus Operators or Customers, and recommends corrective action to resolve problems.
- Operates communications equipment and maintains communication with Operations staff and Paratransit Minibus Operators to ensure efficient daily field operations.
- Builds routes, assign drivers and vehicles, and make adjustments to routes using a computer aided dispatch system as required.
- Gathers information from Paratransit Minibus Operators, customers, and local agencies regarding passenger information and transportation requirements, route and schedule information, pick-up and drop off times and locations, vehicle mileage and maintenance issues, and driver performance to improve the delivery of transportation services.
- Coordinates and performs daily vehicle safety inspections and minor preventive maintenance to detect and report vehicle safety issues and mechanical malfunctions.
- Assists in developing and coordinating automotive maintenance schedules and drives vehicles to Fleet for maintenance and repairs as needed to maximize vehicle availability.
- Inspects vehicles and parking areas, and takes immediate corrective action when needed to ensure compliance with established safety standards and operational procedures.
- Participates in conducting training and testing programs, first aid and safety courses, and other seminars to maintain proficiency.
- Assists in conducting pre-service, in-service, and remedial training.
- Provides first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) as needed.
- Responds to Emergency Operations Center requests to evacuate special needs citizens in the event of an emergency.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Knowledge of the functions, objectives, policies, and operational procedures of the special needs transportation program.
- Knowledge of safety requirements related to the transportation of special needs passengers.
- Knowledge of Hillsborough County roads, streets and traffic patterns.
- Some knowledge of the nature of physical disabilities and associated mobility restrictions, including special needs transportation requirements.
- Knowledge of the mechanical functions and maintenance requirements of vehicles used to transport customers with special needs.
- Ability to use computer aided dispatch and other communication systems.
- Ability to maintain work related information and prepare reports.
- Ability to safely operate and perform preventive maintenance on minibuses, vans, or similar vehicles.
- Ability to safely maneuver a wheelchair, operate a wheelchair lift, and to secure wheelchair tie downs.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours that may vary based on operational needs which may include evenings, weekends, nights, and holidays.
- Ability to work from different locations as needed throughout the County.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work effectively with others in a diverse population.
- Ability to operate a computer and related software.
- Ability to safely and properly operate a mini-bus or van.
- Ability to train others.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR SOME POSITIONS
Passing a Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) prescribed physical examination, a satisfactory driving record, and pass a background review prior to employment.
Passing all required driver training and possession of a valid CPR and First-Aid Certification; and conformance to Departmental standards within the probationary period.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from three health care plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to 12 paid holidays per year.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the
Supplemental Questionnaire and
Application NOW using the Internet.
Clicking the link above will navigate you to the Employment Opportunities Page website for you to apply for this job.
|Upload Resume to Start an Application|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at CADHRJobInquiry@hillsboroughcounty.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.