Capital Program Manager
|Date Opened||10/11/2018 12:01:00 PM|
|Salary||$78,998.40 - $126,401.60/year|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or related engineering field AND
8 years of experience related to capital program management, including at a supervisory level.
Registration in the State of Florida as a Professional Engineer as defined by Florida Chapter 471.
Possession of a valid Florida driver's license.
An equivalent combination of relevant education (not less than a high school diploma/GED), training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-specific competencies noted above.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Makes decisions with broad influence on the activities of the CIP Program; makes authoritative decisions and recommendations that are conclusive and impact the CIP Program; plans, organizes, and oversees the execution of CIP projects.
- Directs the work of professional and technical subordinate staff by scheduling, assigning, and reviewing work; provides training, coaching, counseling, and performance evaluation for the dual purpose of meeting goals and employee career development.
- Negotiates critical and/or controversial issues with top-level engineers, managers, Division and Department Directors; conducts presentations and may represent the Department and/or County at important functions or conferences.
- Manages the planning, development and implementation of long and short range comprehensive plans for the CIP Program by developing goals, objectives, strategies, policies and procedures.
- Ensures work complies with regulatory and environmental requirements, best management practices, and industry standards; interacts with regulatory agencies. May perform quality assurance inspections on performed work.
- Manages contractor project closeout activities; supervises the preparation, revision, updating, and distribution of the Department's standards on specifications and estimating for CIP Projects.
- Serves as liaison with other departments. Coordinates with various local, state and federal permitting agencies.
Meets with regulatory agencies, consultants, lawyers, developers, officials, direct reports, etc. for project site meetings, public meetings, Board of County Commissioner meetings, and Executive Team meetings.
Establishes procedures for the planning and design of projects in the Bridge, Stormwater, Roadway and Traffic Programs.
When so designated, may assume the authority of, and act on behalf of a more senior official.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Ability to effectively think through complex problems including sensitive political issues.
- Ability to quickly make outstanding decisions on engineering issues and implementation activities.
- Strong written, oral, and presentation skills. Must possess considerable tact, discretion and collaborative skills to obtain consensus.
- Strong ability to plan funding and implementation strategies for one to five-year timeframe.
- Ability to take the lead on key initiatives and direct resources appropriately. Ensure that Department, County and BOCC goals/objectives are pursued.
- Ability to manage the operations and day-to-day functions of a highly professional and technical staff to reach goals and objectives.
- Requires a high degree of analytical ability.
- Request the ability to manage highly complex programs and the ability to make independent complex decisions.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from three health care plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to 12 paid holidays per year.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*
EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the
Supplemental Questionnaire and
Application NOW using the Internet.
Clicking the link above will navigate you to the Employment Opportunities Page website for you to apply for this job.
|Upload Resume to Start an Application|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at CADHRJobInquiry@hillsboroughcounty.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.