Cross-Connection Control Inspector (Backflow)
|Date Opened||11/8/2018 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/22/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$42,827.20 - $68,952.00/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- High school graduate or in possession of a GED certificate.
- Possesses a Standard Plumbing Inspector License issued under Chapter 468 of the Florida Statutes.
- Has a working knowledge of the Florida Building Code - Plumbing and other industry codes and standards.
- Has a minimum of two years of work experience inspecting, installing, or testing backflow preventers.
- Graduation from high school or possession of a GED certificate; and possession of Standard Inspector License issued under Chapter 468 of the Florida Statutes; (Employees hired based on qualifications listed below must obtain a Standard Inspector license in the applicable trade within 12 months of hire or prior to the expiration of the provisional license not to exceed 24 months from date of hire.)
- Graduation from high school or possession of a GED certificate and successful completion of a State of Florida Building Code Administrator and Inspector Board (BCAIB) approved vocational training program in a related construction field; and must obtain within six months of hire a provisional license as a Standard Inspector in the applicable trade;
- Graduation from high school or possession of a GED certificate and Five years of experience in applicable construction trade or related field inspection or plans review, and must obtain within six months of hire a provisional license as a Standard Inspector in the applicable trade;
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-related competencies noted below; and must obtain within six months of hire a provisional license as a Standard Inspector in the applicable trade;
- Possession of a valid Driver’s License.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of the customers and provide the highest standards of service.
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve.
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations.
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals.
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg control requires exertion of forces greater than that of sedentary work and if the worker sits most of the time, the job is considered light work.
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel or crouch in confined spaces.
- Tasks require infrequent exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Inspects new installation and existing projects to ensure backflow prevention devices are in compliance with State and County codes, laws, and ordinances, and signs permits giving final approval.
- Issues notice of non-compliance where work is not in compliance with the Florida Building Codes and Hillsborough County Construction Ordinance.
- Makes routine and periodic inspections of assigned area to check for violations and hazardous conditions.
- Investigates complaints of defective building and trade installations and reports findings and recommendations to appropriate staff.
- Inputs and retrieves data in researching violations and scheduling inspections.
- Explains and interprets applicable codes and regulations to contractors and property owners.
- Reviews construction plans and specifications for compliance with Florida Building Codes and Hillsborough County Construction Ordinances.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Knowledge of State and local codes and laws governing building codes that relates to backflow prevention.
- Knowledge of inspection methods and procedures.
- Knowledge of OSHA construction site safety requirements.
- Knowledge of applicable County and office policies and procedures.
- Ability to read and interpret plans diagrams, blueprints, and specifications.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to prepare reports and maintain records.
- Ability to use a computer and related software.
- Ability to maintain current certifications.
- Ability to properly and safely operate a motor vehicle.
SPECIAL PROBATIONARY NOTE
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from two (2) healthcare plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to twelve (12) paid holidays per year.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the
Supplemental Questionnaire and
Application NOW using the Internet.
Clicking the link above will navigate you to the Employment Opportunities Page website for you to apply for this job.
|Upload Resume to Start an Application|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at CADHRJobInquiry@hillsboroughcounty.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.