Custodian (Part Time)
|Date Opened||10/4/2018 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/11/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$23,108.80 - $34,673.60/year|
One year of experience in custodial duties.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- Walk, stand for long periods of time, kneel, crouch and work outside in a subtropical climate under adverse weather.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below:
- Inspects facilities and grounds for custodial related needs such as, cleaning, repairs, maintenance, and supplies.
- Inspects work of assigned custodians, and provides lead-worker guidance, training, and direction, as needed.
- Dusts, polishes, moves, and arranges furniture.
- Sweeps, mops, waxes, and polishes floors.
- Cleans and washes windows and mirrors.
- Cleans restrooms, and replaces supplies.
- Empties garbage cans and wastebaskets.
- Performs minor repairs and maintenance of cleaning equipment.
- Reports requirement for major repairs, adjustments, or replacements.
- Inventories, orders, and replenishes paper products, cleaning supplies and related equipment.
- Opens and secures facilities, common areas, and grounds, as directed.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Knowledge of cleaning supplies, products, and equipment.
- Knowledge of safety procedures in use of cleaning supplies, products, and equipment.
- Ability to provide effective guidance, training, and direction to other custodians.
- Ability to plan, organize, and supervise the work of others.
- Ability to effectively work with others.
- Ability to prepare and maintain records, logs, lists, and reports.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in-writing.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*