Manager Stormwater Services
|Date Opened||10/11/2018 12:01:00 PM|
|Salary||$78,998.40 - $126,401.60/year|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
This position serves as the manager for the Stormwater Services Section within the Technical Services Division of the Public Works Department, and is responsible for the day to day coordination of stormwater planning, engineering and investigations.
This position also requires considerable contact with County officials, consultants, other agency representatives, and other internal and external contacts, and requires excellent communication and public relations skills.
This classification performs management duties related to stormwater planning and engineering, and oversees a staff of licensed professional engineers and unlicensed engineering staff. Must be a licensed professional engineer in the state of Florida.
Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or related engineering field; and
Minimum of eight years of engineering experience related to stormwater management with increasing level of responsibility including at a supervisory level.
Must possess current Florida Professional Engineer (P.E.) License (may consider out-of-state license with ability to transfer to Florida within six months of hire date).
Possession of a valid Driver's License.
an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-specific competencies noted below.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- Constantly in normal office situation.
- Occasionally requires travel, excluding overnight stays.
- Occasionally has exposure to weather including heat, cold, dampness and/or humidity.
- Occasionally works in water.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Constantly sitting at a desk or table.
- Occasionally standing and/or walking.
- Occasionally drives and/or operates heavy equipment.
- Occasionally intermittently sitting, standing, or stooping.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages and coordinates storm water planning, engineering, and investigations.
- Oversees development of and reviews storm water plans and investigations.
- Coordinates responses to storm water concerns received from citizens.
- Oversees watershed master planning, and reviews of development plans involving storm water modeling for the Development Services Department.
- Serves as liaison with other departments. Coordinates with various local, state and federal permitting agencies.
- Manages numerous design and engineering consultant work assignments for storm water-related projects.
- Attends and/or conducts Public Information Meetings, during and after normal working hours.
- Attends Board of County Commissioners' meetings. Makes public presentations, as necessary.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Knowledge in developing strategic planning covering one to six years.
- Ability to develop formal plans that exceed one year and may affect business practices for several years, some may exceed ten years.
- Ability to lead, guide, and direct the Stormwater Section.
- Ability to make multi-faceted, cross-functional, and highly complex decisions.
- Ability to develop and maintain on-going relationships with internal and external clients.
- Skill in inductive thinking and a high degree of analytical ability.
- Skill in utilizing considerable tact, discretion, and persuasion in gaining cooperation of others.
- Skill in handling delicate relationships and complex situations.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from three health care plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to 12 paid holidays per year.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*
EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the
Supplemental Questionnaire and
Application NOW using the Internet.
Clicking the link above will navigate you to the Employment Opportunities Page website for you to apply for this job.
|Upload Resume to Start an Application|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at CADHRJobInquiry@hillsboroughcounty.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.