Project Manager II (Architectural/ Facilities Construction)
|Date Opened||10/24/2018 12:01:00 PM|
|Salary||$57,012.80 - $91,790.40/year|
|Department||Real Estate & Facilities Services|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
Graduation from an accredited four-year degree granting college or university with a degree in Architecture, Building Construction; AND
Four years of design and construction experience in architectural/facilities projects.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- The job is partially performed in a professional office environment using standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopier and fax machine.
- The job entails work outside of the office for meetings and consultations with user agencies, regulatory agencies and vendors.
- The job also entails field work such as driving to various sites, inspecting buildings and construction projects, navigating stairs and ladders to inspect roofs and other elements of buildings and sites.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on the nature of their assignments, individual employees may perform some or all of the duties described below.
- Determines project scopes, budgets and schedules.
- Prepares site and building plans in CADD for facilities projects.
- Performs project delivery activities including design, construction documents, bidding and construction administration of facilities projects.
- Coordinates and oversees preparation of site and building plans by consultants; participates in design decisions.
- Coordinates with other branches/sections within own organization and external agencies/departments, user agencies, architects, engineers and other construction team members to ensure efficient flow of communications and services; interprets, explains and ensures compliance with facility project requirements and procedures.
- Coordinates procurement activities and construction with other county departments and agencies; resolves design conflicts in the field.
- Manages construction schedules; negotiates change orders and allowance authorizations; monitors project budget; evaluates the progress of construction activities and approves progress payments.
- Utilizes database programs to store historical project information for use in future project scheduling and cost estimating.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Considerable knowledge of the principals and practices of building design and construction.
- Considerable knowledge of and proficiency in Computer Aided Design and Drafting (CADD) particularly Auto CAD (Minimum Version 2014).
- Basic knowledge of and proficiency in 3D Rendering such as SketchUp.
- Considerable knowledge of and proficiency in using computer software applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, presentation and graphic applications (such as Adobe Photoshop).
- Considerable knowledge of the principals and practices of project management.
- Knowledge of and experience with a variety of projects such as Parks, Libraries, Fire Stations and other government facilities.
- Knowledge of programming, design functionality, cost estimating.
- Working knowledge of Project Management software.
- Working knowledge of cost estimating procedure processes.
- Ability to analyze data and develop logical conclusions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with others within and outside the Department.
- Ability to use considerable initiative, think independently, and exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to perform quantitative analysis.
- Ability to communicate effective both orally and in writing.
- Ability to compile technical reports and graphics.
- Ability to originate and evaluate plans and specifications for facilities construction projects.
- Skill in creating, reading, interpreting and understanding architectural and engineering specifications.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from three health care plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to 12 paid holidays per year.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the
Supplemental Questionnaire and
Application NOW using the Internet.
Clicking the link above will navigate you to the Employment Opportunities Page website for you to apply for this job.
|Upload Resume to Start an Application|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at CADHRJobInquiry@hillsboroughcounty.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.