Vehicle Service Attendant
|Date Opened||11/1/2018 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/12/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$24,273.60 - $36,400.00/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
One year experience in vehicle or equipment maintenance or servicing.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform some or all of the activities described below.
- Inspects vehicles and equipment and performs routine maintenance and service to include; checking fuel, oil, other fluids, battery, tires, lights, and cleanliness.
- Assists in servicing small tools used for lawn maintenance.
- Documents discrepancies and completes work orders for additional maintenance.
- Operates various types of vehicles as required to perform proper servicing.
- Procures and records required materials and supplies.
- Assists in maintaining service records.
- Performs routine maintenance and janitorial work in assigned area.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Knowledge of materials, tools and methods used in the routine maintenance and servicing of a variety of vehicles and equipment.
- Skill in the use of shop tools.
- Ability to inspect and correct minor maintenance discrepancies.
- Ability to follow established procedures.
- Ability to operate motorized equipment.
- Ability to prepare and maintain records and reports.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR SOME POSITIONS
- Specific Driver License class, endorsements, and the timeframe for an incumbent to obtain are determined by the Appointing Authority.