|Date Opened||11/14/2018 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/17/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$18.72 - $30.14/hour|
Possession of a valid Driver License.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, stand, bend, kneel, sit, stoop, crouch, balance and walk for extended periods of time. Sitting at computer workstation for extended periods of time.
- Ability to handle materials weighing up to 35 pounds.
Inside work 95% of the time and outside work 5% of the time.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform some or all of the activities described below.
- Provides reference and reader’s advisory services. Instructs and assists customers in accessing library information.
- Plans, promotes, and presents programming. Coordinates, markets and manages programming led by outside presenters. Participates in community engagement activities and community outreach.
- Executes performance management duties to include but not limited to: training, coaching, documenting and evaluating performance of subordinate staff.
- Effectively assumes in-charge responsibilities for routine daily operations of an agency, building and grounds as assigned.
- Trains, schedules, and supervises library volunteers.
- Actively seeks and participates in professional development opportunities and stays abreast of emerging technology and trends in the Library Information Science Field.
- Serves on library committees and task forces as directed.
- Performs collection development and management activities.
- Maintains knowledge and practices adherence to library and county policies and procedures, rules and practices.
- May include assuming agency in-charge responsibilities.
- Knowledge of public library principles and processes, including the creation, communication, identification, selection, organization, storage, retrieval, evaluation and dissemination of information.
- Knowledge of the role of the public library and the services it provides to a diverse clientele in an environment of rapid technological change.
- Knowledge of Library, County and HR policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the foundation and application of information technology, creation and management.
- Skill in the use of standard office equipment and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to apply the concepts of public library management, including effective decision making, problem solving, analysis and evaluation of professional issues, operational problems, policies and standards.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with others, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to make effective decisions.
- Ability to assist patrons in the use of library materials in all formats.
- Ability to plan, organize and supervise the work of others.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to accurately sort, file, and/or retrieve material using alphabetical, numerical and chronological systems.
- Ability to instruct customers in the use of library materials in all formats.
- Ability to develop curriculum for new instructional programs.
- Veteran’s Preference:
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*