Manager (Content Manager)
|Date Opened||11/7/2018 10:01:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||11/29/2018 10:48:00 AM|
|Salary||$48,505.60 - $79,164.80/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Graduation from an accredited four year degree granting college or university; and
Three years of corporate communications experience in a fast-paced environment, one of which must have been in a supervisory capacity. and
Possession of a valid driver’s license.
An equivalent combination of education (not less than a high school diploma/GED), training, and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job specific competencies listed above.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- Frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below:
- Serve as department point of contact for the department’s website content ensuring accuracy of all information and timely updating.
- Serve as department point of contact for all media-related issues including all necessary coordination with the Communication Department’s media team.
- Draft content (e.g. press releases) for mass media or website.
- Research, create and distribute information regarding existing and/or planned capital improvement projects or other disruptions in cooperation with a range of County departments and divisions as well as external partners including but not limited to City of Tampa, Plant City, City of Temple Terrace, FDOT, etc.
- Support departmental and project staff in matters relating to capital improvement and maintenance planning and communications; attends regular internal and external planning meetings; support Communications in researching, developing, and managing communications plans for existing and planned capital improvement projects, including but not limited to major transportation initiatives, local road and/or infrastructure projects, stormwater projects and maintenance efforts.
- Serve as community liaison to residents and businesses related to capital improvement and maintenance projects, including attending external meetings, responding to constituent correspondence, conducting in-person community outreach and working with departments to address concerns.
- Coordinate with legislative liaisons and departmental staff to keep elected officials up to date on all project information and outreach efforts.
- Assist with creation and distribution of project schedules, informational project maps, regular updates to community members via a variety of media, and other critical information for any and all capital improvement projects including but not limited to stormwater and transportation, and others as assigned.
- Organize initiatives and plan events to support department’s core business functions.
- Provide assistance as needed to relevant departments, community partners, and government partners for the planning, promotion, facilitation, and documentation of community meetings as well as sharing of outcomes.
- Design effective and innovative communication copy and materials, including new modes of electronic communication.
- Develop effective departmental communication strategies to support department’s core business functions..
- Organize initiatives and plan events to support department’s core business functions.
- Foster relationships with advocates and key persons related to the department’s core business functions.
- Collaborate with marketing professionals to produce copy for advertisements or articles
- Assist with other external and internal communications duties as needed
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Excellent knowledge of grammar and usage; good knowledge of and strong interest in local government;
- Strong understanding of the media landscape and methodologies; proficient in the full range of traditional and digital communications methods;
- Knowledge of capital improvement and/or infrastructure processes desirable but not required.
- Experience in web design and content production is a plus
- Experience in copywriting and editing
- Solid understanding of project management principles
- Experience with internal communication and employee engagement
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Ability to work efficiently while managing multiple projects/tasks/systems simultaneously
- Flexibility with shift/schedule
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from two (2) healthcare plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to twelve (12) paid holidays per year.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*