Real Property Specialist
|Date Opened||11/8/2018 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/15/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$47,112.00 - $75,857.60/year|
|Department||Real Estate & Facilities Services|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Skill in researching and analyzing real estate ownership and title information.
- Skill in reviewing legal descriptions, title reports, and real estate transaction documents.
- Experience in successfully negotiating Commercial and Governmental Real Estate transactions, especially acquisition of easements and partial acquisitions.
- Experience in successfully negotiating Commercial and Governmental Real Estate transactions, especially disposition of real property.
- Experience in successfully developing, drafting and negotiating Commercial and Governmental Real Estate leases and licenses.
- Experience performing technical reviews of right-of-way maps, legal descriptions, and/or surveys.
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations related to land acquisition, disposition and leasing.
- Knowledge of real estate practices and procedures.
Graduation from an accredited four year degree granting college or university with a major in Real Estate, Business, Public Administration, Planning, Architecture, or Engineering; and four years of experience in real estate acquisition, disposition, real estate research, leasing, appraisal, and/or title review/analysis; and possession of a valid Driver License.
Possession of a current (unexpired) Florida Real Estate License; and five years of experience in land or property transactions, land appraisal evaluation, or title abstracting; and Possession of a valid Driver License.
An equivalent combination of relevant education (not less than possession of a High School diploma/GED), training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job specific competencies listed above; and possession of a valid Driver License.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service.
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve.
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations.
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals.
- This position takes place in an office environment.
- Requires sitting for an extended period of time.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below:
Drafts, Develops and Negotiates the acquisition of complex, high value special purpose properties.
- Drafts, Develops and Negotiates the sale and disposition of complex properties.
- Drafts, Develops and Negotiates complex leases and licenses for commercial and special purpose properties.
- Conducts assessments and title analysis related to land and other property acquisitions, rights of way, and easements.
- Conducts special studies, analyzes data, prepares reports, and provides recommendations based on data collected.
- Implements the terms of contracts, including developing and meeting critical dates.
- Negotiates and prepares estimates for commercial and special purpose properties.
- Coordinates, clears title, and manages closings for County real estate acquisitions and dispositions.
- Participates in Eminent Domain proceedings and condemnation suits.
- Prepares legal instruments for acquisition, disposition, and exchange transactions in collaboration with the County Attorney’s Office.
- Provides recommendations on terms and conditions upon which properties will be sold, acquired, and/or exchanged.
- Oversees the work and ensures quality control of work performed by Real Property Specialists including scheduling, assigning, and reviewing work and providing training.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Knowledge of real estate appraisal, acquisition, disposition, leasing and real estate title.
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, and procedures governing eminent domain, real property conveyance, and real estate title.
- Skill in negotiating acquisition of real property. Skill in drafting and developing a wide variety of real property agreements.
- Skill in researching, abstracting, examining, and evaluating real estate information.
- Ability to understand and interpret appraisals and valuations of real property.
- Ability to confirm legal descriptions from survey data.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to collect, organize, and evaluate data and to develop logical conclusions.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from two (2) healthcare plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to twelve (12) paid holidays per year.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*