Senior Administrative Specialist(Assistant to ACA)(50 app max)
Assistant to Assistant County Administrator
|Date Opened||11/6/2018 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/23/2018 10:59:00 AM|
|Salary||$42,827.20 - $68,952.00/year|
|Department||Transportation & Utility Services|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
A Bachelor's degree; and
Four years of administrative/secretarial experience.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-specific competencies noted below.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
- This job is largely a sedentary role.
- This may requires an incumbent to lift boxes up to 30 pounds, open filing cabinets, and bend/stand as necessary.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Provides a high-level of support to the Assistant County Administrator by serving as the main point of contact for the Transportation and Utilities Services Team.
- Independently performs a wide variety of professional administrative and confidential functions and duties supporting the ACA
- Manages and closely monitors the ACA’s head’s calendar; schedules and coordinates appointments, conferences and itineraries; makes travel and lodging arrangements; completes travel reimbursement documentation.
- Initiates and schedules tentative appointments for the ACA; reserves venue, coordinates attendees; assembles handout materials, slideshow presentations and equipment.
- Reviews outgoing correspondence for internal consistency and proper conformance with administrative policies, approvals and signatures, as well as formatting, grammatical construction and typographical errors.
- Initiates and composes agendas, minutes, correspondence, memos, spreadsheets, logs, invoices, and reports in final form, for approval or signature of the ACA
- Independently determines for the ACA, priority status and special attention to important matters received or observed, such as incoming postal mail, electronic mail, correspondence, statements, face-to-face customers, phone calls and internal staff actions.
- In the ACA’s absence, ensures that requests for action or information are completed or referred to appropriate staff member or area of responsibility; determines whether ACA should be notified of high-priority or emergent matters.
- Independently processes, coordinates and adjusts payroll, timekeeping, schedules and leave requests for the agency.
- Accesses, secures and monitors restricted, sensitive and confidential records or information to include but not limited to records involving- personnel, payroll, medical, performance or disciplinary.
- May prepare and distribute outgoing electronic mail and correspondence on behalf of the ACA; as authorized
- May take and transcribe dictation verbally or from electronic sources; may take minutes, record and report meetings or proceedings for the ACA.
Performs other related duties as required.
- Knowledge of policies, procedures, precedents, regulations, executive orders, and rules of assigned department(s).
- Knowledge of executive administration, such as word processing, managing files and records, transcription, designing forms and other related procedures.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language, including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service, such as assessing customer needs, meeting quality standards for service, and evaluating customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of the access, storage, destruction and release of restricted, sensitive and confidential information, and applicable guidelines.
- Skill in communication and effective writing.
- Ability to using logic and reasoning to identify complex problems and evaluate and implement alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches.
- Ability to manage own time and the time of others.
- Ability to use discretion and independent judgment in evaluating information.
- Ability to transcribe documents and information from different sources.
- Ability to serve the public and represent the Assistant County Administrator with courtesy and professionalism.
- Ability to effectively lead or supervise lower level administrative/clerical and administrative/secretary staff.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from two (2) healthcare plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to twelve (12) paid holidays per year.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the
Supplemental Questionnaire and
Application NOW using the Internet.
Clicking the link above will navigate you to the Employment Opportunities Page website for you to apply for this job.
|Upload Resume to Start an Application|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at CADHRJobInquiry@hillsboroughcounty.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.