Human Resources Partner (Workers Compensation & Leave Management)
|Date Opened||2/5/2019 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/19/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$54,059.20 - $86,507.20/year|
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
Sedentary work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the employee sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
• Builds relationships with departments with a mutual focus of achieving the department’s business objectives. Utilize professional consulting skills to diagnose systemic problems and make recommended solutions which are adopted in the resolution of the problem or issue. Works with departments to proactively provide recommendations in all aspects of talent acquisition, talent management, talent development and total rewards to facilitate the achievement of their business objectives.
• Identifies and collects metrics and HR data to analyses trends and, working in partnership with other HR functions, collaborates to develop programs, procedures or solutions to improve department effectiveness.
• Acts as the subject matter expert specialized in Workers’ Compensation, FMLA, ADA, and Short & Long Term Disability Programs and understands cause and affect implications of each situation into other HR areas. Works in cross-functional collaboration to provide departments with proactive and comprehensive recommendations to effectively address complex issues such as, but not limited to, low occupancy rates (high turn-over/absenteeism), career pathing limitations, lack of employee engagement, absent organizational continuity planning and targeted reorganizations to resolve discipline or performance cases.
• Monitors the operations of their functional HR area through quality assurance/control measures and effectiveness of outcomes. Mentors, coach, counsel, develops, and provides guidance to employees within their unit. Meets as a Partner group to monitor the achievement of department goals, identify gaps and implement solutions.
• Works closely with management and employees to strategically assess situations using projection techniques and proactively assembles project teams to find the most effective and expedient way to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
• Obtains supporting documentation and develops key analytical research to heighten the levels of persuasion in accomplishing goals in collaboration with Department partners.
• Serves as a change agent when critical reorganizations or process changes occur to ensure a smooth transition.
• Develop, prepare and conduct visual and oral educational sessions for internal and external departments on different HR subjects.
• Effectively communicate to employees and leaders at all levels to convey critical messages that will enhance relationships and resolve conflicts.
• Other duties as assigned.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from two (2) healthcare plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to twelve (12) paid holidays per year.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*