|Date Opened||1/31/2019 10:10:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||3/25/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$47,112.00 - $75,857.60/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Extensive knowledge of the department, including programs and services, grant requirements, operating activities, and project management practices and principles
- Comprehensive knowledge of the functions, activities, requirements, and objectives needed for successful implementation of a compliance program and internal controls
- Strong writing skills to support contracts, procurements, and compliance functions which requires composing agendas, written reports, corrective actions, request for applications, contract scope and terms, e-mails, and training materials.
Graduation from an accredited four year degree granting college or university; and
Three years of program/project management experience directly related to the position duties.
Project Management Professional (PMP) or Six Sigma Certification Required
An equivalent combination of education (not less than a high school diploma/GED), training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job specific competencies listed above.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- This job is performed in a professional office environment using standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and fax machines.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on the nature of their assignments, individual employees may perform some or all of the duties described below.
- Performs project management work by managing, coordinating and implementing small projects or parts of larger complex projects.
- Directs and coordinates activities concerned with the implementation of a project.
- Prepares or assists in the preparation of contract drafts, requests for proposal, and other related documents for review
- Manage project execution to ensure adherence to plan, schedule and scope.
- Identifies, tracks, monitors and communicates project-related tasks, issues, scope changes, variances and contingencies that may arise during the project implementation.
- Monitors project budget, monitors status of allocated funds and controls expenses.
- Prepares and maintains project documentation.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Monitors vendor and program performance to ensure the safety and well-being of clients, promote best performance and overall quality, and identify gaps in processes. Ensures sufficient evidentiary material exists to support oversight and monitoring findings.
- Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk. Develops and implements corrective action plans for resolution to problematic issues, provides general guidance on how to prevent future occurrences.
- Collaborates with program staff, contracts administration, procurement, and fiscal staff in performing contract formation activities, such as: scope of work, bid documents, technical specifications, agreements, contracts, and contract modifications.
Assesses program performance, mitigates risks, enforces quality control, and directs compliance issues to appropriate program areas for evaluation, research, and resolution.
- Directs and coordinates activities concerned with the implementation of a project. Manages project execution to ensure adherence to plan, schedule, and scope. Analyzes data to determine project's effectiveness and implements project adjustments.
- Renews or extends contracts prior to expiration, and communicates contract related tasks, issues, scope changes, variances, and contingencies that may arise during the contract period. Coordinates with risk management to ensure valid certificate of insurance is on file.
- Develops and updates monitoring tools to ensure compliance with contract requirements, and federal, state, and local regulations, such as: Florida statutes, Florida department of elder affairs (FDOEA) handbook, AHCA regulations, grant requirements, and notice of instructions.
- Provides project oversight and administration to ensure the development of meaningful and realistic action plans meets or exceeds the expected business requirement.
- Develops detailed business process maps, work flows, potential problem modes, business controls, and performance metrics.
- Analyzes and benchmarks data to help identify trends and root causes; and participates in the development and implementation of process improvement strategies that eliminates waste and improves customer satisfaction through the use of continuous improvement methodologies.
- Support emergency management functions as designated by the department.
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of project management.
- Knowledge of the processes, activities, requirements and objectives of the functional area to which assigned.
- Skill in developing tracking systems to monitor work progress.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and solve problems involving several variables or unique situations.
- Ability to manage the details of projects, track activities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to collect, organize and analyze data and make logical decisions.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from two (2) healthcare plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to twelve (12) paid holidays per year.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*