|Date Opened||1/31/2019 1:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/14/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$42,827.20 - $68,952.00/year|
|Job Type||Internal Only|
Two years of experience directly related to the assigned program.
An equivalent combination of education (not less than possession of a high school diploma/GED), training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-related competencies noted above.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- The employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- This position is primarily sedentary.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Maintains a flexible schedule to accommodate employees in the Training Program in addition to review of calls QA’d if there are any questions.
- Reviews daily/weekly observation reports of trainees and provide feedback to CTO’s and trainees to ensure benchmarks are met.
- Prepares reports on program performance, needs, services as scheduled or when information is requested by manager.
- Monitors the progression of all Communications trainees until such time the employee is released from training and is counted as full manning.
- With the Emergency Dispatch Communications Manager, reviews and evaluates the training performance of each Communications Training Officer with their respective supervisor(s) monthly.
- Maintains records on all probationary Emergency Dispatch Communications personnel in training.
- Responsible for overseeing the enrollment and successful completion of all mandatory certification courses.
- Works with the Emergency Dispatch Communications Manager and CTO’s to assign new trainees to shifts and training officers.
- Plans, coordinates, implements and supervises any training for Emergency Dispatch Communications Personnel such as in-service training, CDE classes as well as any other class that may benefit the Emergency Dispatch Communications personnel.
- Develops action plans and remedial training plans for employees that do not meet the outlined satisfactory level of performance.
- Develops training Q-TIPS in Target Solutions based on identifiable trends, gaps or compliance problems identified through the QA process.
- Responsible for completing the Quality Assurance for Emergency Dispatch Communications in compliance with the current IAED standards for EMD EFD QA’s.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Knowledge of the programs, services, policies, procedures and regulations of the department to which assigned.
- Knowledge of the specific functions, activities, and services provided by the assigned programs and projects.
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations governing assigned programs and projects.
- Knowledge of organizational and methods and procedures relating to the effective coordination and administration of assigned programs.
- Knowledge of budget management practices and procedures.
- Ability to plan, organize, coordinate and supervise the work of assigned staff.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to collect, organize and evaluate data and develop logical conclusions.
- Ability to prioritize work.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and established procedures.
- Ability to organize programs, projects and special events.
- Ability to monitor, oversee and provide guidance to volunteers, assigned staff, clients and customers.
- Ability to maintain files and records and prepare reports and correspondence.
- Ability to use a computer and related software.
- Ability to make presentations to large groups.
- Ability to organize and to multi-task.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from two (2) healthcare plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to twelve (12) paid holidays per year.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*