Professional Land Surveyor & Mapper
|Date Opened||1/24/2019 12:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/14/2019 09:09:00 AM|
|Salary||$57,012.80 - $91,790.40/year|
|Department||Transportation & Utility Services|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Registration in the State of Florida as a Professional Land Surveyor and Mapper.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- This job is performed in a professional office environment.
- This job is largely a sedentary role.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform some or all of the activities described below.
- Reviews internal and consultant submittals, right of way maps, legal descriptions, sketches and boundary surveys for public works projects to verify that data meets standards, laws, regulations and specifications; and to establish quality controls.
- Recommends consultants, negotiates surveying services and coordinates contract estimates to ensure compliance with requirements and a fair market price.
- Reviews subdivision plans for conformance with laws and regulations.
- Contracts aerial photography projects.
- Writes, approves, signs and seals legal descriptions, sketches, boundary surveys, right of way maps and other documents.
- Plans, directs and supervises the conduct of field surveys and mapping activities for projects involving boundaries, right-of-way, construction, geodetic, control, and aerial mapping.
- Provides internal professional consulting and configuration of surveys to ensure compliance with requirements.
- Performs calculations and computer operations needed by certified surveys, legal descriptions or field work.
- Supervises the work of professional and technical subordinate staff by scheduling, assigning and reviewing work, providing training and counseling; and evaluating performance.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Extensive knowledge of survey and mapping principles, practices, standards, procedures and customs.
- Extensive knowledge of County programs, policies and procedures.
- Considerable knowledge of geodetic principles and practices.
- Considerable knowledge of state and local survey laws, ordinances and regulations.
- Considerable knowledge of project management.
- Considerable knowledge of civil engineering principles and practices as related to surveying.
- Considerable knowledge of principles and practices of photogrammetric mapping.
- Skill in identifying discrepancies between drawings and specifications.
- Skill in the use of survey instruments and equipment.
- Skill in negotiating with consultants.
- Ability to solve advanced mathematical problems.
- Ability to develop and utilize computer applications for land surveying and mapping procedures and products.
- Ability to plan, organize and supervise the work of others.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from two (2) healthcare plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to twelve (12) paid holidays per year.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*