Recreation Leader (Community Safety Inspector)
|Date Opened||1/9/2019 12:01:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||1/23/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$11.11 - $16.11/hour|
|Department||Recreation & Neighborhood Parks|
Possession of a First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification with Practical Application; and
Six (6) months of experience in organized recreational programs; and
Possession of a valid Driver License.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- This position is frequently very active and often requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day.
- Must be able to work outside in a subtropical climate in adverse weather conditions.
- Ability to properly and safely operate a motor vehicle.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Determines whether applicable external organizations are performing their daily activities in compliance with their agreed upon contracts or lease agreements.
- Ensures organizations are in compliance with policies, procedures, standards, laws and regulations, and in a manner consistent with objectives and standards of administrative practices and applicable federal, state and local laws and ordinances.
- Makes, or assists in making, oral or written presentations to management during and at the conclusion of the evaluations.
- Prepares formal written reports, as requested, expressing opinions on the adequacy and effectiveness of the applicable external organization's processes and the efficiency with which their activities are carried out.
- Maintains records of scheduled and completed assignments and documents findings.
- Evaluates contracted jobs, as required, to ensure completeness and a safe environment for the citizens of Hillsborough County.
- Inspects equipment and grounds for any safety issues at non-programmed parks and reports the findings to parks maintenance for repair or replacement.
- Assists in delivery, setup and removal of equipment and materials needed for special events throughout the county.
- Provides input on changes and implementation of safety related policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Knowledge of general office policies, practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of planning and conducting recreational programs.
- Knowledge of proper English usage, vocabulary, spelling, punctuation and grammar; and occupational hazards and safety precautions required in the recreation field.
- Ability to answer questions and resolve problem situations or refer to appropriate office.
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to participate effectively in the formulation of departmental policies and procedures.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to plan, organize and oversee the work of others.
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task.
- Ability to use a computer and related software.
- Skill in the use of various office equipment.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the
Supplemental Questionnaire and
Application NOW using the Internet.
Clicking the link above will navigate you to the Employment Opportunities Page website for you to apply for this job.
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at CADHRJobInquiry@hillsboroughcounty.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.