SCADA Control & Applications Engineer
|Date Opened||1/28/2019 2:01:00 PM|
|Salary||$67,808.00 - $108,513.60/year|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Associate degree in Computer Science or other directly related to the essential duties of this position and function.
Minimum 5 years progressive experience in preparing and maintaining DATA utilizing electronic systems, programming, control and repair of SCADA systems, developing DATA collection and reporting programs and industrial process control systems.
OR An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-related competencies noted below.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations Success through
- Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- Frequently sitting at a desk or table
- Frequently intermittently sitting, standing, stooping
- Frequently standing and/or walking Requires good hearing
- Requires good near or distant vision
- Requires distinguishing colors and/or depth perception to judge distances
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs initiates and/or oversees the implementation, integration and operation of highly complex process control systems supporting the Public Utilities Department SCADA system through the application of detail oriented, multidisciplinary, diagnostic and troubleshooting skills integrated so as to insure regulatory compliance and protection of the public health and the environment.
- Maintains, monitors and evaluates baseline DATA acquisition and process control hardware and software to insure the system is communicating appropriately and providing intended results with the established control scheme of the Department’s water, wastewater and reclaimed facilities and lift stations.
- Research and identify system equipment requirements for DATA system activities to facilitate analyses, reports, forecasts, estimates, computations and operational needs for the Department.
- Designs, codes, debugs and implements process control programs, graphic displays, operational reports for use in network. Test analyses and maintains assigned computer systems and programs.
- Provides technical support for facility project work including CIP and R&R programs. Provide design review for plans and specifications. Evaluate operational impacts and support continuity of facility operations.
- Performs and/or oversees the implementation of new computer software packages and control systems.
- Works in conjunction with other internal departments, employees, external contractors and consultants and trades to diagnose and troubleshoot hardware and software problems.
- Prepares specifications and standards for the SCADA system.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Work is broad in scope covering one or more complicated areas. System integration is the bringing together of the component sub systems into one system and ensuring that the subsystems function together as a system by linking together different computing systems and software applications physically or functionally, to act as a coordinated whole.
- A high degree of knowledge in computer programming languages, standard software packages, software performing ladder logic, analog and digital input/output subsystems is imperative. Along with the ability to conduct department activities with competence, initiative and professionalism.
- Independent judgment is required to evaluate new approaches to problem solving, and assess changing facts or conditions.
- Analytic ability and thinking is required to devise new, non-standard approaches to highly intricate, technically complex problems.
- Problems are complex, varied and may be related to those seen before. Simply determining what the problem is requires major individual effort and/or consultation with others within the department.
- A high degree of analytical ability and inductive thinking may be required to solve highly intricate, technically complex problems.
- Must be able to develop new and non standard approaches.
- Requires regular contacts with internal persons such as Group & Section Managers, Plant Managers, Project Managers and any other persons of importance and influence. Requires establishing good working relationships with all internal customers.
- Requires considerable contact with vendors and suppliers; outside agencies and the general public, supplying or gathering information.
- Requires strategic planning in the overall needs of our SCADA system County wide. Develops a plan that will address all aspects of our system to include technology, communication, security, staffing and organization, standards and operation. Articulates a long term vision for leveraging a SCADA system for effective system wide operations while identifying business, technical and operational needs and requirements.
- May oversee and train lower level employees and manage multiple projects at one time.
- Define specific, short-term and long-term projects including costs, resource commitment, schedules and dependencies. Develop and identify policies, procedures, organization, technologies and a controlled means of managing change within the departments SCADA system.
- Makes decisions and final recommendations which routinely affect the activities of others and our water, wastewater and reclaimed facilities.
- Position duties will include the responsibility for developing strategic plans, standards and protocols to maintain regulatory compliance within our facilities.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from two (2) healthcare plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to twelve (12) paid holidays per year.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the
Supplemental Questionnaire and
Application NOW using the Internet.
Clicking the link above will navigate you to the Employment Opportunities Page website for you to apply for this job.
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at CADHRJobInquiry@hillsboroughcounty.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.