Community Relations Coordinator (Content Manager)
|Date Opened||2/11/2019 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/25/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$47,112.00 - $75,857.60/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Graduation from an accredited four year degree college or university with a major in Public Relations, Journalism, Mass Communications, Advertising, other mass media field
- Five years of experience in corporate or government communications
- Excellent and comprehensive knowledge of English grammar and usage as applied to press releases and articles
- Experience on land use and development topics/content is preferred
- Strong understanding of the media landscape and methodologies;
- Skilled in preparing and conducting presentations
- Ability to collect and organize data and develop reports and materials from data collected
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to multi-task efficiently and effectively
A Bachelor's degree; and
Three years of experience in Public Relations, Journalism, Mass Communications, Advertising, other mass media field;
An equivalent combination of education (not less than a high school diploma/GED), training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-specific competencies noted.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- Frequent sitting, typically in office environment.
- May be required to stand for long periods of time during events.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of the Department General Communication Strategy (internal and external) to support business functions
- Regularly inventory and prepare proposals to address communications needs on each of the Department Divisions and ensure consistency with the Department General Communication Strategy (internal and external)
- Manage, organize and draft of all written and graphic content for mass media, social media, website, brochures, videos, forms, applications, reports, newsletters, etc... for the Development Services Department
- Prepare the Department Annual Report and any other communication efforts highlighting department activity and accomplishments
- Serve as department point of contact for all media-related issues including all necessary coordination with the Communication and Digital Media Department.
- Organize initiatives and plan events to support department’s core business functions including but not limiting specific community meetings, neighborhood /community fairs, etc.
- Serve as department point of contact for the department’s website content ensuring accuracy of all information and timely updating.
- Design effective and innovative communication copy and materials, including new modes of electronic communication (social media)
- Other Duties as assigned
- Excellent and comprehensive knowledge of English grammar and usage as applied to press releases, articles and different communication materials;
- Considerable experience in copywriting and editing
- Good knowledge of and strong interest in local government;
- Strong understanding of the media landscape and methodologies; proficient in the full range of traditional and digital communications methods;
- Solid understanding of project management principles and ability to work efficiently while managing multiple tasks and projects on a fast phase environment.
- Experience in graphic and /or web design and content production is a plus. Knowledge of Adobe photoshop, illustrator and In design is a plus but not required
- Basic knowledge of photography and an understanding of visual standards, and working knowledge of storytelling through photos and the applications of visual standards
- Knowledge of land use and development processes desirable but not required.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from two (2) healthcare plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to twelve (12) paid holidays per year.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*